Casita campers: who has/had one?

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Looking at getting a Casita Spirit. Anyone of you fellow ODT'ers have any experience? Things to look for? Things to avoid?

Yes, I know its a terrible time to buy, prices are high, yada, yada. Let's just get that out of the way.

img_0832.jpg

Don’t have one of these but do have a Coleman single axle w/ bath , 2 bunks and queen in front. Small but pulls great and easy to setup and roomy enough. I use mine for hunting and couldn’t be happier. I do like the one you are asking about also

Don’t have one of these but do have a Coleman single axle w/ bath , 2 bunks and queen in front. Small but pulls great and easy to setup and roomy enough. I use mine for hunting and couldn’t be happier. I do like the one you are asking about also
I've heard there's a Coleman that is a similar build. Maybe also a Uhaul? Is yours fiberglass? Interested in the longevity of the FG shell types.

Looking at getting a Casita Spirit. Anyone of you fellow ODT'ers have any experience? Things to look for? Things to avoid?

Yes, I know its a terrible time to buy, prices are high, yada, yada. Let's just get that out of the way.

View attachment 4015738
I saw one on the used lot at Acworth camping inn

There's also Escape campers...mfg'd in Canada and new orders are backlogged 18 months.
Pricey but highly regarded...I love their 5.0 5th wheel model.

I've heard there's a Coleman that is a similar build. Maybe also a Uhaul? Is yours fiberglass? Interested in the longevity of the FG shell types.
I know U haul made some fiberglass ones back in the day but mine isnt. It’s still fairly light though. Mine has the aluminum sides. Some do make a thin fiberglass laminate smooth side but I was worried because I have seen them delaminate. Mine stays undercover when not in use and that is the key to cutting out a lot of problems

Back
Top Bottom