• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Castle Doctrine in GA.

As of the 28th of May, 2010, 31 States have some form of Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground law. There are 18 States with Castle Doctrine, 1 State with Stand Your Ground, and 12 States with both. Thank God GA has both!!

Me and my girlfriend were in court (don't ask why) talking to an officer about a break in about 1 year back, he asks "Do you own a Firearm?" "Yes", "Well if anyone Breaks in your house again Blast them, I'll come clean up the mess" And proceeds to hand us his card.

So if someone is committing a felony, and I'm a bystander... does that give me the right to use deadly force??

Like if I witness a bank robbery in progress, and the assailant(s) are possibly armed. Am I allow to shoot them? I'd hate to do it and then end up in prison.......

I do have a Georgia Carry License, but I don't carry as often as I should. Just curious...

So if someone is committing a felony, and I'm a bystander... does that give me the right to use deadly force??

Like if I witness a bank robbery in progress, and the assailant(s) are possibly armed. Am I allow to shoot them? I'd hate to do it and then end up in prison.......

I do have a Georgia Carry License, but I don't carry as often as I should. Just curious...

only if you (and a reasonable person) believe that deadly force "is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person"

Castle Doctrine in 1970's Puerto Rico: Lived there two years on Uncle Sam's tab. Some of us lived in several houses off base in an isolated area and after one house was broken into several times we went to the local policia station to see what we could do about it. They said if we catch them shoot them. Then what we said and they answered bury them in the woods.
Never caught them in the act but the problem stopped after we hooked up the 120v house current to the metal shutters over the window they kept coming in. My buddy came home to find the house breaker tripped. Bushes were all tramped down outside the window,looked like someone had flailed around all over the ground and it smelled like excretment.
No body to be found but no more break ins.

Castle Doctrine in 1970's Puerto Rico: Lived there two years on Uncle Sam's tab. Some of us lived in several houses off base in an isolated area and after one house was broken into several times we went to the local policia station to see what we could do about it. They said if we catch them shoot them. Then what we said and they answered bury them in the woods.
Never caught them in the act but the problem stopped after we hooked up the 120v house current to the metal shutters over the window they kept coming in. My buddy came home to find the house breaker tripped. Bushes were all tramped down outside the window,looked like someone had flailed around all over the ground and it smelled like excretment.
Out.standing. :)

If I ever get to write a constitution, this will get included.

Something like: "A man's home being an inviolable harbor of comfort and safety. Any intruder, assailant, or *****-ass fool dumb enough to intrude and mess around has the right to suck on a barrel-or other lethal instrument... Dealer's choice. The right of said homedweller to deal death to any and all miscreants invading said home shall not be infringed."

Sorry thieves deserve no better than a bullet and a shovel.

(of course, the shutters were a nice touch. Style points!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom