• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

caution you are being recorded

If you are standing in a public area, you can film whatever you want. Just dont literally stand in their way while they are trying to work, its not just illegal, its rude.

Some cops hate being filmed, I personally dont care so long as you keep a safe distance and allow me to do my job.

If you are on federal property though there is a law against any kind of recording and picture taking, federal cops WILL cite or book you on it so..... fair warning.

whats a federal cop? you mean an agent?

All federal agencies have a police service assigned:

IRS police
Veterans Affairs Police
Secret Service Uniformed Police
Federal Reserve Police
US Capital Police
FBI Uniformed Police (Diff than Agent)

The list goes on and on....

They will cite or book you for recording on federally owned or controlled property.

IRS police
Veterans Affairs Police
Federal Reserve Police
US Capital Police

They will cite or book you for recording on federally owned or controlled property.

all those guys sound like souped up rent-a-cops, but ya i guess they are. i forget about them

IRS police
Veterans Affairs Police
Federal Reserve Police
US Capital Police

all those guys sound like souped up rent-a-cops, but ya i guess they are. i forget about them

Your pretty much right...but they can, and Will arrest you..... And they get paid more than city cops, which is lame.

Okay..I am jumping back in this pissing match...

As I have stated prior, I am an LEO. I get up, go to work , answer 911 calls and look for people doing unsafe, stupid things. I get payed by the hour, not commison.

I video EVERY encounter with the public. It keeps the whackjobs that complain and the bad cops out of my way. I do not hide my camera. I wear it on the front of my shirt for all to see. I Wish the public would do the same.You only hear about the 2% of cops who screw up, there are the other 98% who don't. Almost the same as her on the ODT, 98% good people, I hope the 2% don't give the rest a bad name.

As said, I get up and work every day.I leave my wife and three kids alone at night to make sure yours are safe. I work Christmas, Thanksgiving and every other holiday. I protect those who can not protect them selfs.

In 1998 I left a job paying over 42K a year to work in a jail for $7.70 an hour. Are their bad cops? Yes, and they should be jailed the worst of any one.To betray an oath is the worst disgrace a man can bring upon the Lord, himself and his family !!!!

While I am on my soap box. I am polite and say sir or mam'm every time I stop a car.I treat everyone as if I would want my family treated. If I seem "rude" or "impersonal", it may be because the last wrecked I worked the mom was DUI on prescription drugs and the two year old flew out the window and hit a telephone pole. I gave CPR but to no avail...

The last call I had, an hour ago some A@@ hole decided to kill his kids, wife and himself because of a divorce.

I don't get to "take a few days" after these things. I answer my next call.

Local Cops DO NOT have an agenda; we are normal people who swore and oath to God and the Constitution

^^^^ reason I wake up every morning proud to have a father that is a Cop! He loves helping out and wouldn't have any other job. Thank you for your service and your posts!

No offense to you but I'm tired of the government making their way into my business and then proceed to tell me it's for my own good... per moonpie i 1000th that

I agree that 98% of COPS do a great job and care about the rest of us. It is that 2% majority in Barrow County that keeps me from spending any more money in that wonderful county. In that county, the COPS are never wrong.....

I agree that 98% of COPS do a great job and care about the rest of us. It is that 2% majority in Barrow County that keeps me from spending any more money in that wonderful county. In that county, the COPS are never wrong.....

Wouldn't the every present recording devices help us with the 2% that are not so good?

e

Well I'm just saying...their are good Deputies and cops in Barow Co. Most of the front line guys do really care and respect the Constituion and their jobs.

The upper command staff and even those who were elected to their position have an "I'm not wrong" attitued. Never mind the Constitution, the court rulings and common sense.I really feel for those guys that work there, most of them are trying to support their familys, do their job the right way and yet have to answer to "higher ups" that are as insecure and act like a seven year old school girl.

It really is a sad situation..a lot of the Deputies are trapped and feel the same way. They can not say any thing at risk of their jobs.

While the front line officers may share the same feelings as many on this board....the upper command staff{ that was placed into that spot by a newly elected offical} do not. Yes they are never wrong.

They employ the rejects from other deartments and those who can not pass a background investigation any where else. I live here and don't call the Sheriffs Office, I deal with the problems my self. I know the "higher ups" and the Sheriff. While the first responding officers display common sense and respect.....it is easly over written by the upper comand staff.

Edit for spellcheck..it's late for me.

Back
Top Bottom