• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

caution you are being recorded

I think the underlying theme of this thread is " The police are bad, corrupt and wrong, no matter what."
Maybe I'm wrong, just call me silly...:cool:

I think the underlying theme of this thread is " The police are bad, corrupt and wrong, no matter what."

That's not what my point is at all. My initial point is that some officers, police departments etc have more control of their audio visual equipment then others. And that when needed tapes go missing and stuff gets erased.

My off topic point is that police officers are still human and capable of making poor decisions and acting on them. In SOME of these situations their will be cover ups and for the most part the general public will never hear a word. To think that actions like these do not exist today is absurd.

SILLY.

My point was to show (because I didn't know) that the mics officers wear were recording devices. I thought they were just comms for dispatch. I did know about dashcams but not the ones on their persons.

A. It is legal for officers to lie to you. If they initiate contact you they are looking for something illegal. Be careful what you say
B. LEO get upset when a citizen uses a camera on them but it's okay when they do it. Seems kinda one sided to me.
C. IF you don't protect yourself who will? See item A.

Then someone said videos never get lost and that LEOs now are NOT like they used to be, which is BS. There are still corrupt LEOs and there are still good LEOs.

no, the initial theme of this thread is cops represent the government, and should never be trusted just because they are cops. also that myth that they are here to protect and serve is blatantly false (in my opinion)

ok for what? that he be shot dead by a trigger happy cop? hell no, that cop was stupid and should be brought up on charges for killing some dude minding his own business

Ok. We agree then. It sounded like it was okay because he was at distance and was hard of hearing. I just read your comment wrong.

Just FYI...If the recording is incriminating against the LEO, unless it is something REALLY bad, it will be "lost" "misplaced" "Technical error" "wasn't recording" etc...If it is incriminating against you, only God and the LEO can touch it, you could beat on the thing with a hammer and it would still work crystal clear...

Also, they can record you, but you can record them.

If you are standing in a public area, you can film whatever you want. Just dont literally stand in their way while they are trying to work, its not just illegal, its rude.

Some cops hate being filmed, I personally dont care so long as you keep a safe distance and allow me to do my job.

If you are on federal property though there is a law against any kind of recording and picture taking, federal cops WILL cite or book you on it so..... fair warning.

Back
Top Bottom