• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cb gear

Antron is good. Same as imax 2kw.
I had an Antron 99 before the Imax and cant tell the difference.
I was a lil tipsy, forgot to switch antennas, keyed up 3kw swinging 4,800 and it melted. I mean it melted to tiny pieces. Got my coax and a filter too from the reflected backfeed. It stopped at the filter. Luckily
Lol wow. Where did you get the push up pole also you should come help install if you have time

I have 2 dipole antennas also. Cant get a pic to show with my crap phone cam but this is what I have. 20160717_115433.jpg
Great antenna and you can roll it up small and take to the camp or put in a bug out bag. They talk very good long distance if tuned right and at the right height.

Lol wow. Where did you get the push up pole also you should come help install if you have time
I'll come help put yours in the air, but in 3 or 4 months when I move you can come help me take 2x 40' towers with antennas down, then put back up about 10 miles up the road. LoL

Antron 99 is easy. But you need to find your spot then order a mast or push up. Push up is fine with a whip antenna. They just dont handle beams with rotor or a huge ass ground plane like the 10kw colossal.

Need help! So here is the story.... mounted cb in 4 door jeep. Both pos. and neg. wires ran to battery, that fixed the engine noise. Mounted Arizona rocky road antenna mount to the spare tire bracket making sure I removed all the powder coating and paint for a good ground. New 4' firestick will tune to 1.1 on channel 1 to 1.4 on channel 40 but had to remove the tuning screw to get that. Not even close with it screws all the way in. The big problem is my new 102" whip with the heavy duty spring (108" approx) will not go below 2.5 and 2.6. I e spent all morning checking and installing better grounds but I swear it makes it worse. WTF!

This is my little radio, anyone near Marietta who can amplify it? Anyone know how old it is, bought it at a estate sale for 5 bucks. Yes it does work if your wondering.

20170114_222719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom