• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC .45 or .357 sig question

Kahr CM 45 is the smallest affordable 45 ACP (IMO). I don't think they still make the Seacamp in 45 ACP but if you could find one it would cost an arm and a leg. As for .357 Sig, Glock 33 is the smallest I know of. I wish Kahr would make a conversion barrel for the CM40.

An observation from my personal experience....

I have had Kahr PM45 and CM45 as well as my current EDC the Glock 33. It's awesome having that 45 ACP in such a tiny package, except for two issues.

One - It's small and light...no TOO small and light. Oh it's workable but nothing resembling comfortable. A decent day at the range actually hurts with the Kahr "micro 45's". After about a hundred rounds, the PM45 actually had rubbed a hole in the skin of the web of my hand and I was bleeding on my gun.

And

Two - the PM/CM45 is unavoidably wider than the PM/CM 9 or 40. In fact, it is ALMOST as wide as the Glock 33. It is so close that the extra tiny bit of width is worth it to carry a double stack of .357 Sig and have 10+1(or more) .357 Sigs vs 5/6+1 45 ACP. I carry my Glock 33 with a 13 round Glock 32 magazine and the adaptor then I pocket two 15 round Glock 31 mags in the offhand pocket. Carrying a total of 44 rounds on me at all times. It would take 7 magazines for the Kahr CM45 to come close to that. And that's the extended magazines, not the 5 round stock mags.

I had a g33 but it was really to small for my needs at the time. Now my needs have changed a littleand I'm looking for something I can conceal on my ankle and still pack a punc.
I really need something I can trade my marlin 17hmr (and maybe some cash if I can't find anything to go with it) for.

I had a g33 but it was really to small for my needs at the time. Now my needs have changed a littleand I'm looking for something I can conceal on my ankle and still pack a punc.
I really need something I can trade my marlin 17hmr (and maybe some cash if I can't find anything to go with it) for.

I had two 33's. Traded one to Pawn Express towards my Kimber(I got impatient with having it on layaway. LOL). Not sure how long it will be before it comes out but I can check tomorrow if you want. I'm in there every other day any way. LOL.

And the good thing about(well ONE of the good things) the Glock 33 is that even though it can be "too small", slipping a bigger magazine in with the adaptor makes it the same grip length as the Glock 23/32. Not too small then. You don't get that versatility with many guns and certainly not with larger ones to start with. Can't shrink them but you can always use longer magazines in the Glocks. Plus the conversion to 40 S&W or 9MM with a barrel swap(and mag for 9MM).

Back
Top Bottom