• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC .45 or .357 sig question

I may get tomato's thrown at me, but I believe that the Taurus PT 145 is the best shooting and easiest to carry .45 I have ever owned. 10 in the mag and more than comfortable in my small hand, it was amazingly controllable at the range. I will have to add some negatives though, the workmanship of the PT 145 is sub standard and I am hoping and praying that Taurus will release a millennium PT 145 G2. That being said, there is the Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 compact, which does not really fill the role of easy to carry small .45 and the grip is too blocky for my taste. If you can find a PT 145 that fires dependably, I think you will have a winner, but it may take owning a few to find one worth keeping.

I am sorry that I cannot add any input on the ankle carry, I have just never felt comfortable with that method of carry.

I was, however, very impressed with the Sig P239 in .357 that I had for a short time. It shot extremely well for a small .357 Sig but I don't know how it would ankle carry.

Last edited:
Glock 33 : this may be the most dependable, most adaptable ( you can easily switch to 40 caliber or add extended mags from 10 rounds to 30+ rounds) best value, and the most powerful compact firearm. I can think of no other firearm that offers you so many options on one platform, or no other forearm that offers you that much firepower in such a small package at such a reasonable price.

Also your sight options, parts availability, are nearly limitless. Glock warranty and customer service are fantastic as many of us can witness to.

The only downside is that the short barrel does not fully use all of the potential of the 356 Sig round. But that is true of most subcompact guns.

And now I will put the Kool-Aid down.... Good luck

I may get tomato's thrown at me, but I believe that the Taurus PT 145 is the best shooting and easiest to carry .45 I have ever owned. 10 in the mag and more than comfortable in my small hand, it was amazingly controllable at the range. I will have to add some negatives though, the workmanship of the PT 145 is sub standard and I am hoping and praying that Taurus will release a millennium PT 145 G2. That being said, there is the Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 compact, which does not really fill the role of easy to carry small .45 and the grip is too blocky for my taste. If you can find a PT 145 that fires dependably, I think you will have a winner, but it may take owning a few to find one worth keeping.

I am sorry that I cannot add any input on the ankle carry, I have just never felt comfortable with that method of carry.

I was, however, very impressed with the Sig P239 in .357 that I had for a short time. It shot extremely well for a small .357 Sig but I don't know how it would ankle carry.

I have the hands of a giant which automatically DQs the Taurus.

I'm lookingfor ankle carry for Church time. I teach several Children classes and constantly have 6-11 yr old running up giving me a hug and don't want them to know I have a gun. Our small church has decided they want a small number of people to be carrying and I was one of the people they ask. They want deep concealment and I want to do as they ask.

As for the g33, I Don'tneed to be convinced anything about Glock as they are the most dependable in my book. I just have big hands and am concerned with any subcompact but for ankle carry that's probably my best option.

The smallest/ lightest 45 that I have is a Springfield micro compact, an alloy framed officers size 1911.
with the thin grips as in the picture it weighs 18.2 ounces unloaded.
I replaced the grips with Hogue rubber grips and the unloaded weight is 20.5 ounces.
don't think they any longer make that model though?
you can check but any of the alloy framed 1911's in smaller size carry well as they are flat as well as short.
this is the most comfortable concealed carry that I have although I normally IWB a CZ P-01.
SA MICCOM-2.JPG

My Sig 239 SAS is surprisingly concealable and comfortable to carry. I have not ankle carried it yet but should not be an issue with the right pants. Affordability is, of course, subjective.

Back
Top Bottom