• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CC in Post Office?

Kinda off track, but if you can ship a primitive firearm (I shipped a 1952 era 30-30) to an FFL holder through the post office, how's that figure in?
A-a 1952 30-30 is not a primitive firearm. B- you don't need to use a FFL when shipping a long gun within the State. (If that was the case) C- This does raise an interesting question. Is one breaking the law, bringing a firearm into the post office to be shipped?

Check the law...there is a "or other lawful purpose" part in there, I'm telling you. That should cover shipping, at least, and arguably carry.

My late Father-in-Law worked for the postal service and regularly carried a .38 when he was delivering coins, currency, and jewelry to & from the airport. It was issued to him by the postmaster and he was in & out of the post office with it all the time.

Last edited:
A-a 1952 30-30 is not a primitive firearm. B- you don't need to use a FFL when shipping a long gun within the State. (If that was the case) C- This does raise an interesting question. Is one breaking the law, bringing a firearm into the post office to be shipped?

Now that I think about it, maybe his FFL was for old guns only or something. I know I had to include a copy of his FFL with the gun. It was going to Alaska as I remember.

If I remember correctly a postal inspector is legal to carry. Let me know if I am wrong.

Postal Inspectors are federal agents just like DEA, FBI,Treasury, US Marshals etc. and are authorized to enforce federal statues, make arrests and to carry firearms in the performance of their duties.

Back
Top Bottom