• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CCW application question

scandmx5

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
30   0
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for my permit on Friday provided I get off work. I have one of the new GA drivers license, yet for some reason they sent one with my PO Box address instead of street. Will they still allow me a carry permit provided I pass all the other requirements or do I need a GA Driv license with a street address on it?

You will need a ga drivers license with a street address on it. Cause that shows what county you live in, then from there it lets you know what county probate court you have to go to. Im blessed with being a clayton county resident. It sucks.

i dont know the exact process but at bps we always saw DL's with PO boxes and GWL's with addresses........there is a way because most of the licenses were older than the GWL so it wasnt like the DL was issued after the GWL with the new PO Box address.

Thanks guys, I called them today and Coweta County Probate told me I need:
A- license with street address
B- deed to a house/land (don't have)
C- voter registration card (been looking for hours and couldn't find it) the last time I voted was when Mark Taylor ran for governor and Bush was in the WH)

so I thought about putting it off until I move to Fulton County in June, or just go get a new drivers license Friday morning, then to court house, then to sherriff's office
Does it matter when you move, or do you have to get your permit address listed changed as well?
Thanks for all the good answers guys. One more reason theoutdoorstrader is FTW!

Back
Top Bottom