CCW in Georgia Dome?

TacticalTaco

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
89   1
Reaction score
Going to Falcons vs Saints on Monday, taking Marta down there. As we all know, lot's of crime around the GA dome and lot's of crime on MARTA, is it legal to carry inside the dome? Do they have metal detectors and whatnot for falcons games?

Haven't been in a while, so not sure if they have metal detectors now- they didn't the last time I went. I believe that since municipal bonds were used to finance the dome, it is considered a public building and, therefore, you are not allowed to CCW.

No more public gathering law. If it is not a jail, a courthouse, a nuclear facility, army COE property, or a building in which a government entity is housed, carry away. And concealed is concealed:tape:

If asked to leave, do so or you will be trespassing.

Haven't been in a while, so not sure if they have metal detectors now- they didn't the last time I went. I believe that since municipal bonds were used to finance the dome, it is considered a public building and, therefore, you are not allowed to CCW.

First, they pat you down... sides, arms, waist... then <I think> you pass metal detectors when they scan your ticket at the door.

Going to Falcons vs Saints on Monday, taking Marta down there. As we all know, lot's of crime around the GA dome and lot's of crime on MARTA, is it legal to carry inside the dome? Do they have metal detectors and whatnot for falcons games?

It's pretty safe down there... we go down for all games... and have never felt unsafe at any time... even at night.

Taking MARTA down is the kicker, if for whatever reason you were told you could not carry into the game (metal detectors, pat down, someone notices, you ask, etc) there isnt much you can do with your pistol without having a car there to stash it. I don't know if they offer some type of arms room for holding it, and not sure if I would trust them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom