• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.223 for Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be zeroing a .223 Rem 700 this weekend. If I am going to be using this for Bobcats, Coyotes and such would you chose a 55gr V-Max or a 62gr bonded Fusion??? Why??
I have killed many with the fiocci 50 gr amax they shoot 1/2” groups in all 3 of my rem r15 which are 1-9 twist
I also use them on my night vision set up for hogs

What's the barrel twist? A tighter twist would be good for a heavier bullet. A 1 in 14 would be good for up to a 60gr bullet. After that, you wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'd say V-max, but you might mess up a trophy. The 223 should be excellent for those animals

What's the barrel twist? A tighter twist would be good for a heavier bullet. A 1 in 14 would be good for up to a 60gr bullet. After that, you wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'd say V-max, but you might mess up a trophy. The 223 should be excellent for those animals
Very informative, thanks...

Very informative, thanks...
I just looked it up. The varmint barrels had a 1 in 12, the newer ones had a 1 in 9. That 1 in 9 should be spot on for the bullet weights you're talking about. Accuracy will be everything with the 223 and animals on this hunt. Hopefully you're doing an open plains shot. The 223 will frag if you hit anything between you and the target

I just looked it up. The varmint barrels had a 1 in 12, the newer ones had a 1 in 9. That 1 in 9 should be spot on for the bullet weights you're talking about. Accuracy will be everything with the 223 and animals on this hunt. Hopefully you're doing an open plains shot. The 223 will frag if you hit anything between you and the target
Great work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom