• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Century/MKE AP5

Where did the airsoft quality come from? Are you mixing up the GSG/umarex .22s? As previously stated, these are top tier clones made from HK tooling. We're in the quiet age of mp5 clones, it's a good time to scratch that itch

Yes, sorry. The Umarex 22s are turds. Might go bang but the quality isn’t there.

I know MKE makes the AP5, but curious on quality. I hear hit or miss.

Yes, sorry. The Umarex 22s are turds. Might go bang but the quality isn’t there.

I know MKE makes the AP5, but curious on quality. I hear hit or miss.
I think the tier of quality for the mass produced per the internet is:

HK->MKE->Zenith->PTR

MKE seems to like it has more issues but it's just due to the huge amount of sales compared to the rest.

I think the tier of quality for the mass produced per the internet is:

HK->MKE->Zenith->PTR

MKE seems to like it has more issues but it's just due to the huge amount of sales compared to the rest.
You get what you pay for. Wayback 5+ years ago you couldn’t get a knockoff under 2500. Even then quality control was hit n miss. I cannot say what the new batches bring. Never have any issues with Zenith reverse stretch.

If you can save up buy the HK. Can’t say I regret it.

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 20
MKE/Zenith guns can actually be better built than some of the real HK guns.

Yes I said it.
Some of the HK guns had sloppy welds and bends, even canted sights.

Also HK goes to extra steps making it harder to convert to full auto which I will neither confirm nor deny is missing on some of the early MKE/Zenith guns.
I haven't torn apart an Ap5 lately so some changes may have been made.

I use to collect HK firearms and when HK reintroduced the Sp5 people were asking me about it.
I told them to compare the welds on the guns.
Sometimes your paying for the name.

If you buy either make sure you get the tri lug/1/2x28 threads...it cost a fortune to have the barrels swapped.
IMHO the neutered guns should sell for much less, but in some States that is all you can get.

Also another difference on the clones the rear sight can be good but not quite a match for the original.

I have no issue with the current clones and prefer them in some cases.

Yes I said it.

Also HK goes to extra steps making it harder to convert to full auto which I will neither confirm nor deny is missing on some of the early MKE/Zenith guns.

I use to collect HK firearms and when HK reintroduced the Sp5 people were asking me about it.

If you buy either make sure you get the tri lug/1/2x28 threads...it cost a fortune to have the barrels swapped.
IMHO the neutered guns should sell for much less, but in some States that is all you can get.

Also another difference on the clones the rear sight can be good but not quite a match for the original.

How has the HK customer service been the last few years to civilians? I remember how everyone complained it was nonexistent for anyone that wasn't mil/Leo.

Yes I said it.

My understanding is the zenith guns are setup for the 2 pin correct lower that will take a sear pack. They all have the receiver block to prevent a full auto carrier from being installed, but they sell machined carriers for just that purpose. Import rules suck.

Dakota Tactical is what you need for a sear host if you don't want a SP89.

My understanding is the zenith guns are setup for the 2 pin correct lower that will take a sear pack. They all have the receiver block to prevent a full auto carrier from being installed, but they sell machined carriers for just that purpose. Import rules suck.

Dakota Tactical is what you need for a sear host if you don't want a SP89.
This use to be true.
I am not sure about 2023 since I haven't messed with the Mp5's in a while.
Dakota Tactical use to be a very good firearm.

HK created a vacancy in the market which was filled by CZ, B&T and Stribog and the clones.

What a lot of people don't realize is sub gun triggers suck because they were designed to be full auto.
So in some instances a more modern firearm will have better ergonomics/trigger.

The Mp5 is iconic and a smooth shooter even suppressed.
I recommend every enthusiast shoot one at least once in their life, full auto suppressed is even better.

Budget buy a:
CZ Scorpion or a Stribog A3.
I have a Stribog with an AT3 lower that takes AR triggers and Scorpion mags....not much more money and I would have been in B&T territory.

It just comes down to how much you want to spend to make yourself happy.

B&T for flexing on the poors...lol.
They have almost any configuration you could want...it just takes your left testicle as a down payment.

Mp5/clones for the name/vintage feel and awesome suppressed shooting.

Hey folks,

Considering one of these (AP5-P) and am curious if they’re legit or just novelty Airsoft quality that might go bang when the trigger is squeezed.

I’ve got an APC9K, KP9 and an Uzi. Trying to scratch the MP5 itch.
And to address the OP.
The clones definitely scratch the itch....and make you appreciate your B&T.

Also HK customer service use to be horrible ...haven't used it in years though.

Back
Top Bottom