Certified glock armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarroll

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys on here were a certified glock armor, I ordered some parts for a g19 and need to have them installed. I ordered the parts today and won't have them until sometime next week..
If anyone interested and could use some extra money let me know.. I live in conyers,so of course I would like to have you be pretty close to me...
Thanks,Joe

Joe I am not telling you what to do but you really don't need to be a certified armorer to strip down your Glock pistol. Technically taking apart your gun is grounds for Glock to void your warranty but then again they only claim you only have a one year warranty in the first place. On top of that I have taken modded guns to the Glock factory and never had a problem so either they don't care or it isn't that big of a deal. I have had guns repaired by Glock come back to me with incorrect parts most notably a Gen 4 Glock 19 with a number 2 extractor and olive SLB. I brought the gun in for the recoil spring upgrade why they decided to swap those parts out I do not know. I ultimately ended up switching back to the correct SLB and installing a LWD extractor. I guess what I am saying is these guns are so easy to work on and the parts are cheap enough that doing the work yourself is just easier. If you need help installing something let me know.

Glocks are unreasonably painless to take apart and work on. I would try it myself personally, but that's just my personal opinion..eds over here in Stockbridge will do that kind of work too IIRC

jcarroll,

I'm between Stockbridge and Conyers off 138. I'm not a Glock Armorer but was an Army small arms Armorer for several years. I can help you replace any Glock part but as stated you can YouTube "detail strip or break down" a Glock and see how it's done. The only tool required is a punch in nylon or brass will work. You can buy brass rods at Lowes and cut to length.

I really have never owned a glock longer than 2 days. I have always got them then traded them off because I never cared for them. However, I just picked uP a g19 exo and I am liking it,so I decided to order a ghost trigger and a chrome pin set installed along with a extended slide release. I generally do not fool around with stuff I do not know about (especially firearms). I will take a look at what is gonna be involved and if I am not comfortable, I will take you up on your offers. Again, I do not mind paying and I don't want anyone to be inconvenienced..
Thank you guys for your feedback!

Unless the parts replacement is critical to you: Used to be you could: Join GSSF. Go to a match, (take a chance on winning a new gun,) visit the armorers table and get your gun worked over for free. That included springs and worn parts. (Don't know if they'll do non-stock parts like extended slide stops and - connectors.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom