• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CETME Rifle

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I think I just made a good deal on a CETME rifle by century. It is missing the stock and one end cap bolt. Does have two steel magazines and a scope mount. The finish is in good overall shape. What would be a fair price on it, knowing these details.

Without knowing how the gun headspaces and whether or not the bolt is ground I would value it at about 50 bucks.

In that condition I would almost bet it is going to have headspace issues.

Sharpshooter is right, the head spacing on those things is a major issue. You can get stocks for those for nothing but it doesn't matter if you have a monster gap.

Put a piece of scotch tape on the case head of a factory loaded round. Insert it into the chamber and SLOWLY close the bolt, DO NOT let it slam home. If the bolt closes ALL the way then it's got too much headspace. Thats a field expedient no go gauge.

Even if it needs a little tlc, is it worth the effort. I have only seen a couple of them in the past and my experience is 0. I seen them on a few sites for $500 and up. I know that these are not real world prices.

After looking around on the net a bit, I think this could be a wise investment. Parts are reasonable, at least what I saw. Who has the best process on parts? I think I want to sell this one out with a carry handle, bipod, scope, and a few other things, just to make it fun.

My parts came in and I finally had a chance to work on it some. Had to do a little fitment work on the buffer hole in the stock. Then scrubbed the stocks down with scotch brite and denatured alcohol. After drying a bit I rubbed it down with rit.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355982582799.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355982582799.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355982840618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355982840618.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom