• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chat?

The sites you mentioned don't have a hunting or gun group.......the linking of a chat browser to a site that has special interest makes it easier for like minded people to find and chat with each other. They had one linked to GON at one time, but it was shut down by the powers to be for some unknown reason. I suspect it was infiltrated by idiots abusing the chat forum.

The sites you mentioned don't have a hunting or gun group.......the linking of a chat browser to a site that has special interest makes it easier for like minded people to find and chat with each other. They had one linked to GON at one time, but it was shut down by the powers to be for some unknown reason. I suspect it was infiltrated by idiots abusing the chat forum.

Exactly. Although I wasn't really thinking of linking a chatroom system per say. I was thinking more along the lines of an internal system that would allow users to basically have instant PM's more than a chatroom. As in you would have the option to confirm or deny friend requests and the chats would only be between you and the other guy, not public.

I think it would be a great tool especially for making deals.

So it would be more convenient when you are making a deal to give someone your AIM/GoogleTalk/Yahoo/MSN (provided that they use the same chat service you do) than it would be for you to just pop an instant PM to them on a service that you know both of you have?

Back
Top Bottom