• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chat?

I was thinking of integrating existing services rather than adding yet another one to the mix.
I suggested using the existing chat options because most people probably already have accounts on those sites and many of us leave them open all day. There are also existing mobile applications that tie into those services that allow us to use chat on the go.

If there was an icon below our avatar linking to our various chat accounts then we could use that and save the site some bandwidth. I organize my IM client (which supports all the popular flavors of chat) with groups of people by association. Friends have a group, family in another group, other people I've met via sites like this in their own folder. I have a folder for outdoor/ sporting contacts from this site, GON and a few others. If I want to chat about guns, I look for people online in that group.

Maybe Steve has bandwidth and disk space to burn. Do what feels good. ;)

I don't know how practical that really is but I'll look into it.

What you can do is enter any IM services you currently use into your profile and then people can see that info under your avatar next to each post you have made.

Back
Top Bottom