• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check this deer out!

Why do so many people think trophy hunters don't eat what they kill? I'm sure you don't think that, but it is a common belief with non hunters.
you misunderstand. i personally know 5 guys who trophy hunt and dont eat the meat. heck,one goes to WV every year,kills 3 to 5 deer,and never eats a bite. he takes them to the deer processor,pays the gut fee,and never picks them up.nothing wrong with trophy hunting,but my personal belief is you kill for food. dont feel like i am singling anyone out.
so if you hunt for trophies and eat the meat,cool. i prefer hunting for the quality of meat,not the size of the animal..

you misunderstand. i personally know 5 guys who trophy hunt and dont eat the meat. heck,one goes to WV every year,kills 3 to 5 deer,and never eats a bite. he takes them to the deer processor,pays the gut fee,and never picks them up.nothing wrong with trophy hunting,but my personal belief is you kill for food. dont feel like i am singling anyone out.
so if you hunt for trophies and eat the meat,cool. i prefer hunting for the quality of meat,not the size of the animal..
I don't know a single person who does that. Maybe everybody I know is too po?

He looks good compared this poor thing..

qdma_deer_warts_web.jpg

I don't know a single person who does that. Maybe everybody I know is too po?
I know one guy that hunts like that and he donates his deer to hunters for the hungry. Thats one guy out of like 40 that I know that hunt, everybody else you would have a hard time getting deer meat from them.

We had a couple trophy hunters hunt my father in laws property in Pennsylvania.
They would bring us the deer and we would keep the meat and process it then give them the caped noggin.
They took some big monsters out of there.
There were a lot of trophy only hunters up there and a lot of drunks in the woods and a lot of poachers who would even argue with you when you told them they were on private property.
I guess people get comfy poaching for years and don’t like it when they’re kicked out of their favorite spot.

Back
Top Bottom