• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check this out!

I’ve got a few really young ones wandering around my place. I don’t think they have spots now though and mommas haven’t been seen since beginning of bow season.

That’s something I won’t do, I won’t take a doe when I see babes in the area. That’s a hard gut/walk when you’ve got the fawns following you…
I heard a past hunt club member say something one time years ago that really made alot of sense and I've followed suit from it each season. He said that he never takes a mature doe after Thanksgiving since they could possibly be carrying little ones. Sounded right to me so I've stuck to the rule myself ever since........

I heard a past hunt club member say something one time years ago that really made alot of sense and I've followed suit from it each season. He said that he never takes a mature doe after Thanksgiving since they could possibly be carrying little ones. Sounded right to me so I've stuck to the rule myself ever since........
We don't kill any doe's till after Christmas for ourselves. Once a doe weans her fawns she starts getting into breeding shape. After she gets bred she starts putting baby fat. A doe that's been eating free choice corn and winter grazing is one of the better eating pieces of meat a person will ever eat.

Back
Top Bottom