• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check us out...Georgia Patriots Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s with the focus on having the same uniforms, and rank, as the federal military?
What kind of uniforms did the colonial militia have ?
How about those militia fighters in Vietnam from 45 years ago —the ones we fought against—they wore black pajamas and straw Coolie hats didn’t they? Were they an effective fighting force ?

Giving each other ranks and dressing up is irrelevant. Organization is, and implicitly, a chain of command.

I wish I could leave this one alone, but I simply couldn't.

Way back in 1987 the Militia of Georgia was founded. For a short while they did the Internet thing, but like this thread it was a joke.

Then a boot camp drop out incorporated the name Militia of Georgia and tried to keep the real militia from using the name. The Georgia Attorney General issued an opinion saying that you could no more incorporate the name Militia of Georgia than you could US Army. The very same kinds of posts were leveled at both sides while the boot camp reject became a Confidential Informant for the GBI and got numerous people sent to prison after they joined his mickey mouse club.

Once they even allowed a pedophile to join their group... he set up the "Grumpy Old Men" like six years ago (or thereabouts.) The fake militia did a lot of damage not only to militias but to a lot of constitutional groups.

The posters here ragged on the Militia of Georgia guys, but they got out of the Internet stuff and went on going with their organization. It's still around and it's the most effective group of its kind. Maybe those wanting to be part of a real militia should ask one of those guys in the Militia of Georgia. I mean the real one.

I wish I could leave this one alone, but I simply couldn't.

Way back in 1987 the Militia of Georgia was founded. For a short while they did the Internet thing, but like this thread it was a joke.

Then a boot camp drop out incorporated the name Militia of Georgia and tried to keep the real militia from using the name. The Georgia Attorney General issued an opinion saying that you could no more incorporate the name Militia of Georgia than you could US Army. The very same kinds of posts were leveled at both sides while the boot camp reject became a Confidential Informant for the GBI and got numerous people sent to prison after they joined his mickey mouse club.

Once they even allowed a pedophile to join their group... he set up the "Grumpy Old Men" like six years ago (or thereabouts.) The fake militia did a lot of damage not only to militias but to a lot of constitutional groups.

The posters here ragged on the Militia of Georgia guys, but they got out of the Internet stuff and went on going with their organization. It's still around and it's the most effective group of its kind. Maybe those wanting to be part of a real militia should ask one of those guys in the Militia of Georgia. I mean the real one.

We are all part of the "real militia." The 18th century word "militia" referred to all men of fighting age that could be enlisted or deputized under posse comitatus. It was never supposed to refer to the National Guard or a bunch of cornfield commandos.

We are all part of the "real militia." The 18th century word "militia" referred to all men of fighting age that could be enlisted or deputized under posse comitatus. It was never supposed to refer to the National Guard or a bunch of cornfield commandos.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is a shame and folly unto him." Proverbs 18 : 13

I'm not so uneducated that I don't understand the point you made. Your post only forces me to reopen old wounds and revisit a subject that was unpopular once on this board.

The REAL Militia of Georgia is a citizen militia that is open to all residents of the state of Georgia and there is no self appointed leadership.

In the early 2000s a select militia was started by a boot camp reject and another poseur claiming to be a "fire marshal." They incorporated a private militia and tried to lock out the real militia - not only from their mickey mouse club, but to anyone they didn't like. When those factions tried to explain their positions on this board, many posters thought it funny to make fun of both sides and say it was a private whizzing contest. It wasn't.

A real citizen militia is open to all the residents of the state of Georgia unless they are prohibited, by law, from joining. A real militia does not have appointed leaders, but rather leaders chosen by the membership that they lead.

Anyway, here we are about a decade and half later. The incorporated militia did not last and was co-opted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation wherein a lot of people were set up by Uncle Scam and a lot of harmless people went to prison AND the incorporated version (AFTER losing their corporate status because it was determined you cannot incorporate the name Militia of Georgia) ended up recruiting clowns that wound up in federal prisons.

The effort hurt the Militia of Georgia, but the REAL guys kept going on. It is the real deal.

Of course, you will see a few well meaning, but misguided people doing the III% Militia thing (they are making the news on Tuesday night.) And they look good in their cammies, but such stunts are little more than photo ops for LEOs and Antifa. The REAL militia would have taught them the elements of Comsec, Opsec, political guerrilla warfare, maintaining their anonymity, etc. Just saying...

If I understand this post correctly the point being made is the "Militia" are not a standing, self appointed, group of people, whatever name they decide to call themselves.

The militia are "all men of fighting age that could be enlisted or deputized under posse comitatus". So everyone who qualifies under that description are, de facto, already the militia.

Because I can't resist taking the bait; what are the 'real militia' you refer to 'most effective' at ? Perhaps some links to credible news items reporting their accomplishments ?

Anyway, here we are about a decade and half later. The incorporated militia did not last and was co-opted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation wherein a lot of people were set up by Uncle Scam and a lot of harmless people went to prison AND the incorporated version (AFTER losing their corporate status because it was determined you cannot incorporate the name Militia of Georgia) ended up recruiting clowns that wound up in federal prisons.
I know nothing of this story but, out of curiosity, just what exactly did these people end up in prison for? I assume that we still have some level of freedom of association in this country, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom