• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheekey's in East Cobb just lost my business.

Guys..........it's a "private property rights issue". You all want it to be a "gun rights issue", but it's not and never will be.

ETA: I take that last part back. If you want it to be a "Gun Rights Issue", then the State will create signage law like South Carolina and a lot of other States have. Private Property owners could then legally post specific signs prohibiting you from entering their property. Do you really want that in Georgia?

Last edited:
Guys..........it's a "private property rights issue". You all want it to be a "gun rights issue", but it's not and never will be.

I disagree.

It is a matter of intentionally misrepresenting Georgia law in an attempt to say Cheekey's is not against guns, "it's just the law" and they are just making us aware of the law.

Let's say a resturaunt posted a sign that said per Georgia law, you are not allowed to enter if you are a certain skin color? Private property rights issue?
If there is no law prohibiting a person of a particular skin color entering a business, then it is a discrimination issue. If there is a law of such gall, then it is oppression.

I disagree.

It is a matter of intentionally misrepresenting Georgia law in an attempt to say Cheekey's is not against guns, "it's just the law" and they are just making us aware of the law.
Well then by all means call the Sign Police on the owner and have them taken to jail. How dare he put up some stupid little Gun Buster sign on his pin up board where no one can see it until they go to the bathroom. OMG.gif Off with his head.

I think it's appropriate to contact the business due to a misleading sign posted. Clarification should be provided. The message sent was tactful and clear. Please post a response if provided.

Walking by and ignoring it serves who?

I think it's appropriate to contact the business due to a misleading sign posted. Clarification should be provided. The message sent was tactful and clear. Please post a response if provided.

Walking by and ignoring it serves who?
The mere fact that we can all walk by it and ignore it serves us all. I think it is great that such signs in Georgia are not legal notification of anything related to carrying a firearm with a GWCL.

Back
Top Bottom