• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken leg quarters

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about how long it take to grill leg quarters? Only have grilled halves low and slow. Trying to figure out out how long it’s gonna take to grill so I can have sides done around same time. Thanks

Google is saying in the 30 minute range which sounds about what I do on the Green Egg at 350. Probably more if it is wall to wall leg quarters or open Weber style.

I have two BGE but will be cooking these on a Weber kettle because the sauce I will be using is extremely flammable. So charcoal on one side and cooking on the other.

No real benefit to cooking them slow. Grill them suckers until the juice runs clear at the joint or 180 internal temp at the meatiest. I buy them when on sale and separate the leg from the thigh and vac seal them then toss in the freezer.

Can anyone tell me about how long it take to grill leg quarters? Only have grilled halves low and slow. Trying to figure out out how long it’s gonna take to grill so I can have sides done around same time. Thanks
temperature and time varies cooking. You can certainly have them ready in an hour at 350 degrees unless you're steady lifting the lid to watch.

Back
Top Bottom