• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken Pot Pie

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I mean, I could eat my weight in this stuff. I'm having to force myself to not refill my plate again lol...

I baked 6 chicken leg quarters with S&P. Heavy with the seasoning bc I pulled the skins off and ate them separately, stripped the meat into a bowl and gave 'em a rough chop.

I put the chicken in a big pan with a bag of steamed peas and carrots, just to keep everything heated through.

In a separate pan I made a roux...almost a whole stick of butter, 1/3 cup of flour and kept whisking. When thickened, I added 2/3 cup of milk and continued stirring. When it was thickening again, i added 2 cups of chicken broth. Seasoned with Salt, Pepper and celery seeds. Brought it back up to temp and when it was thick AGAIN (lol) I poured it all into the chicken and veggies and gave it all a good mix.

Pillsbury pie crust in the bottom of a deep casserole dish. Filled to the top with the chicken mixture, covered with the other pie crust and slit it several times.

Preheated oven, 425° for 35 minutes was perfect for me. I also went one rack lower than center so the bottom crust would cook through.

20220901_183040.jpg
20220901_183046.jpg
20220901_190542.jpg

I mean, I could eat my weight in this stuff. I'm having to force myself to not refill my plate again lol...

I baked 6 chicken leg quarters with S&P. Heavy with the seasoning bc I pulled the skins off and ate them separately, stripped the meat into a bowl and gave 'em a rough chop.

I put the chicken in a big pan with a bag of steamed peas and carrots, just to keep everything heated through.

In a separate pan I made a roux...almost a whole stick of butter, 1/3 cup of flour and kept whisking. When thickened, I added 2/3 cup of milk and continued stirring. When it was thickening again, i added 2 cups of chicken broth. Seasoned with Salt, Pepper and celery seeds. Brought it back up to temp and when it was thick AGAIN (lol) I poured it all into the chicken and veggies and gave it all a good mix.

Pillsbury pie crust in the bottom of a deep casserole dish. Filled to the top with the chicken mixture, covered with the other pie crust and slit it several times.

Preheated oven, 425° for 35 minutes was perfect for me. I also went one rack lower than center so the bottom crust would cook through.

View attachment 4680625View attachment 4680626View attachment 4680627
Damn son! When you gon' call me over for supper?!?!?

That does look good.

That show nuff looks good.....

Back
Top Bottom