• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken Salad recipes

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
378   0
Reaction score
Anybody got any good recipes?

I had some grilled half chickens that I let get a little too dry, so I picked all the meat and gave it a coarse chop. Then I added a BUNCH of coarse chopped onion, and a good bit of coarse chopped pickles...sometime I use hot pickles or the coarse chopped relish you can buy. I may also use chopped banana peppers if I have them on hand. I add enough onion and pickles to make it have a lot of texture, it will actually be somewhat crunchy. It sounds like overkill but it's not. The wet ingredients take the heat off the hot pickles so no worries there.

Wet ingredients: I use a little pickle juice and a little Italian dressing to get it wet...not drenched...Sometimes I use Ranch dressing instead of Italian. Then I add some Miracle Whip to make it creamy.

I just mix everything real well, I don't like it all mashed. I've used a store bought roasted chicken but I've found that the meat is just too mushy and doesn't hold up well.

I try to eat all of it within a day or two, the condensation builds up from keeping in the fridge and really waters it down.

This stuff is great on crackers or wheat bread.

What do you guys add to yours to make it different than the rest?

Back
Top Bottom