• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODTer Cocktail Recipes

initspokits

Default rank <50 posts Supporter
vampire hunter hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Check out this recipe I've been working on. I'm calling it a "burnt rum old fashioned":

- Add 0.25 oz overproof dark rum to mixing glass (Plantation O.F.T.D. 69%)
- Light on fire with a long kitchen match
- While ablaze drop in a thumb-sized slice of an orange peel
- Once the fire goes out add two shakes of Angostura, 0.25 oz simple syrup, and 2 oz Teeling or Power's Irish whiskey
- Fill with ice and shake till your hand gets numb
- Serve straight or pour over ice

Does anybody want to share your favorite drink recipes or recipes that you've created?

We have a small old cutting board we use to smoke our own Old Fashions. Just use a razor knife to peel off some shavings of apple wood or whatever you have, light the shavings up and turn your glass over the little pile of kindling. Works really well. I'll also flame the orange peel too. And we're purists, we use a good rye for ours.

4 fingers of 101 to start with then 16 oz boneless Rib eye Seared on both sides medium rare, roasted Yukon potatoes, stir fried squash with onions and Texas Toast with cheese on top. Then back to 4 fingers of 101 and watch a game with my Son..
You can keep the taters but otherwise sounds like a perfect meal.

We have a small old cutting board we use to smoke our own Old Fashions. Just use a razor knife to peel off some shavings of apple wood or whatever you have, light the shavings up and turn your glass over the little pile of kindling. Works really well. I'll also flame the orange peel too. And we're purists, we use a good rye for ours.
This sounds fantastic, will give this a try! I've heard of "smoking" an old fashioned, but never had it explained. Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom