• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Choosing a Benchmade

BackWoods

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Mini Presidio(only problem is the big price jump from the 154CM or the cheaper "ultra" 440c Stainless), or the Mini Barage 154CM steel...I liked the Presidio being a "black box" for the tougher jobs but, not sure If that is more hype or what? Any thoughts?

Mini Barage
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_05_8yge2ytu.jpg

Mini Presidio
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_05_egy5enab.jpg

Mini Presidio Ultra
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_05_ezesatus.jpg

**no ownership of pics. References only**

My 2 Cents - Do not buy any knife with a black coated blade if you plan to use it - ever...

I personally like un-coated - non-serated - smaller knifes.. Auto / assisted opening is an expensive gimmick.

Adventure Outdoors has almost all of the Benchmade models in stock - go handle them before you decide. Good Luck

My 2 Cents - Do not buy any knife with a black coated blade if you plan to use it - ever...

I personally like un-coated - non-serated - smaller knifes.. Auto / assisted opening is an expensive gimmick.

Adventure Outdoors has almost all of the Benchmade models in stock - go handle them before you decide. Good Luck

I agree! Couldn't find a decent Mini-Presidio photo that was not a "satin" finish..they make it in the polished, like the ultra...there is just almost a double in price from the 440c & 154cm steels...not sure it it's worth the jump in price, even with better steel.

Last edited:
You can get the presidio without the black coating, it's true it wears off and look bad if you use your knife. The presidio is worth the money the scales on the grip is awesome. I have both, and got them at Trowel Trades in Suwanee. I agree go hold them both.

I carry the Mini Barrage 585 daily and love it. However, the Mini Griptilian has the same steel for a cheaper price...Love the 154CM steel for "all around" use.

Oh I don't know, I think the black coated blades hold up well don't you think?:confused:

IMG_6210 (Small).JPG

Just kidding. Plain blade no coating gets my vote, I will say I would spend a little more and get a model made in Oregon USA

Why?

Back
Top Bottom