• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Choosing a Benchmade

I prefer uncoated blades but coated ones are just fine. Who gives a **** what their pocket knife looks like?

And I won't own anything but assisted or automatic knives. I don't see where the "gimmick" is...?

I prefer uncoated blades but coated ones are just fine. Who gives a **** what their pocket knife looks like?

And I won't own anything but assisted or automatic knives. I don't see where the "gimmick" is...?

I own many knives. Most, no all, are cheap ones. I was thinking of trying to find that one, really good knife, to make sure I have on me at all times.

I say gimmick because I can thumb or flick open the blade on my Benchmade and it cost $85.00.

I just do not like the obvious damaged finish that always seems to occur on coated knifes... I was sharpening a newish Gerber and I slipped and drug the ceramic stone across the face of the blade - permanently scratching the black finish. Never again.

I have the presidio 440c and love it. It has been my daily carry for about a year and I think its a great knife. I sharpen it once a week and it has held up very well.

knife.JPG

I previously owned the black coated blade and will never own again. As much use and abuse I have put this one amazingly the blade still looks new. I do however care to it on a weekly bases I put a bit of oil and give it a few swipes on a bulb filament a friend gave me and it is still running strong.

Last edited:
I say gimmick because I can thumb or flick open the blade on my Benchmade and it cost $85.00.

I just do not like the obvious damaged finish that always seems to occur on coated knifes... I was sharpening a newish Gerber and I slipped and drug the ceramic stone across the face of the blade - permanently scratching the black finish. Never again.

What about the pocket clip? Only stainless on that also? LOL. Sorry, just pickin on ya a bit. Just when you first said that, I thought there was a "real" problem with them. I personally am not worried if I scratch a blade. Hell, I have non coated knives that have scratches on the blade. I guess I see knife as a tool, not modern art.

Last edited:
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_06_amy4ynyv.jpg

Best knife I ever had was a 154cm benchmade mini auto striker. I gave it hell for almost 10yrs and it never missed a lick. Used it as a hammer, prybar, you name it. I lost it a couple months ago on my way to work. Makes me sick.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_06_amy4ynyv.jpg

Best knife I ever had was a 154cm benchmade mini auto striker. I gave it hell for almost 10yrs and it never missed a lick. Used it as a hammer, prybar, you name it. I lost it a couple months ago on my way to work. Makes me sick.

Nice, my afo (post #7) has had the same type life and has also held up well. I recently retired it as the blade developed some up and down wobble and the spring is very tired.

I carry an Mini Barrage (585B) with black smooth blade as my EDC. Mine is not banged up as I don't have to use it much and couldn't carry it at work (no weapons rule). The suggestion to go to Adventure Outdoors is a good idea as they have a huge selection of Benchmade and other knives that you can handle.

Back
Top Bottom