• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chrome gun cleaning question

camramrod87

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
135   0
Reaction score
001.jpg

I put a few boxes thru her, now its time for a good cleaning....Its my only chrome pistol , and I dont want to use anything that will hurt or stail the finish....Any advice on what to use and how to use it would be great!

Chrome or nickel? I do this on nickel. Wipe down the gun completely removing as much oil and residue as possible. Then I polish the finish with Flitz. Mothers Mag Polish will work. Apply with a soft cloth, T-shirt, and turn the cloth frequently as it becomes tarnished. Do this on the entire area. Take your time, press firmly but not a scrubbing motion. Buff out. If there are areas that need additional attention, do those areas again. Once finished, used Renaissance Wax, Johnson's Wax, or Flitz Wax to protect the finish. The next time you shoot it, it will not require using Flitz or Mothers Mag Polish, just wipe it down and re-wax. This is what I do and it works well for me.

Chrome or nickel? I do this on nickel. Wipe down the gun completely removing as much oil and residue as possible. Then I polish the finish with Flitz. Mothers Mag Polish will work. Apply with a soft cloth, T-shirt, and turn the cloth frequently as it becomes tarnished. Do this on the entire area. Take your time, press firmly but not a scrubbing motion. Buff out. If there are areas that need additional attention, do those areas again. Once finished, used Renaissance Wax, Johnson's Wax, or Flitz Wax to protect the finish. The next time you shoot it, it will not require using Flitz or Mothers Mag Polish, just wipe it down and re-wax. This is what I do and it works well for me.

Thanks man...sounds like a plan....This thing got filthy...

Back
Top Bottom