• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chuck Roast for the weekend

6 hrs done, Gravy done, transfer to bowls and container done...Eat and Having Organisms! Boner pateet!
Roast 2.jpg
Roast 1.jpg

If you get a chance try taking a nice chuck roast and season liberally with seasoned meat tenderizer. Jab it all over with a fork or if you have the meat tenderizer tool use that. Jab it, don't beat it. Grill the roast to medium rare. It's not tender but has about the best flavor you can get.

Dinky.….the wife uses a couple cans of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup as the base for gravy, just pours it on top of the roast right from the can....no diluting. If the roast looks a little too dry while cooking just adds some water. Makes a great gravy right in the pan, easy peasy. Pot roast is one of the best things at Golden Corral, they do it well, but not enough veggies for me, and I like larger chunks of carrot, celery and onion.

Dinky.….the wife uses a couple cans of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup as the base for gravy, just pours it on top of the roast right from the can....no diluting. If the roast looks a little too dry while cooking just adds some water. Makes a great gravy right in the pan, easy peasy. Pot roast is one of the best things at Golden Corral, they do it well, but not enough veggies for me, and I like larger chunks of carrot, celery and onion.
Great suggestion!! I use cream of chicken in my Scratch Chicken Pot Pie and also in the squash Casserole and others. Good Stuff! As far as the one roast I did the other day, I wish I had waited to put the pearl onions in, for a couple of hrs. They were frozen and all but disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom