• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Church Security

I’ve never understood the whole lords house thing. The world is the lords house, you can worship and pray for forgiveness anywhere. A church is just a building built by man where they ask for money and yell at you.
But you do you.

Where two or three gather in my name, I am there.
( something like that)

A church is anywhere you want it to be.

While I respect the "never" in a formal church guy, I see the world as a church, anywhwere you worship. The deacons and LEO always carried in my church growing up, (60s) gladly continued that tradition until illness made it not practical. My adult church had 6-10 uniformed deputies attending and guarding entrances/cash etc.

Do whatever you're comfortable with, nowhere does it state its a sin or unseemingly.

Any reasononably trained shooter doesnt need to worry about tactics or training for church just staying cool and calm, a robbery might not be wise to react to, an active shooter is an entirely different matter and you may or may not save the unarmed lives.

We always talked about killing a commie for Christ in the Army. I never close my eyes or bow my head to low during a prayer. I’m always scanning for a threat. Someone has got to keep watch.

My local church has quite a few both men and women who discreetly carry concealed. Almost all if not all of the men are ex military and the women practice enough at local ranges that I would not stand in front of them if they decided to fire. I have observed their abilities personally. [at the range, not standing in front of them]. Thanks.

Thank you. I guess I will post once more on the subject to say.

I go to my Church to get on my knees. Lower my head and raise my hands in prayer. (without a gun in my hand)
And To confess I am a servant here to do Gods will. And ask his forgiveness for being imperfect.
God is in control. I am his servant.

If I become a victim at that moment , with back turned on my knees and my head bowed.
and I am on my knees praying to my God.? Then I will go in peace to my death.

Good Christian folk say that God is everywhere. If you're not going to carry in church, then it doesn't make sense to carry anywhere else, or have a firearm for home protection.

The congregation of the West Freeway Church of Christ are ******* lucky that Jack Wilson was armed and on alert that day.

Shame the world has come to this even being a discussion but the fact is that it has. God gave me a brain to reason and think my way thru the life he has given me. I have faith but am not going to be blinded by it.

Back
Top Bottom