• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Church shooting in Texas

Whoever it was, he did a great job. That was a pretty far shot, under pressure, at a moving target.
One lesson this shows is that it's good to have a medium to full sized pistol for church carry.
Absent divine intervention, I couldn't make a shot from that far with my normal carry guns, which are pocket pistols or backup guns or "get off me" guns-- a .38 snubby revolver or a micro sized .380 ACP.
Dudes head split open it looked like. I feel for the first two guys that is hard to watch.

As @Lionheart mentioned, what the hell was that guy wearing and how/why didn't anyone have a suspicion about this guy in the first place?

Some articles say that the church's safety team DID notice him, due (at least in part) to a wig he was wearing the looked like an attempt to disguise himself. That makes me think he may have been a robber, and was planning on leaving with the offering $$ from the collections plates, if nobody had pulled guns on him.

What can a church safety team DO when some stranger wearing a coat (like many others, on this winter day. The forecast for the day was light rain with a high of only 50 degrees. So a coat isn't unusual.) comes into church, sits down, and doesn't bother anybody or make any threats? Just sits there seeming to "attend" the service (really, he was probably waiting for the offering $$ to be collected).

What the church safety team actually DID was place armed guards, discreetly, near him. One a few yards behind him. Two more along the same aisle on that same side of the room, but farther back.

I believe the fastest (and it’s fast) draw from the seated position that would had been more ideal than all the standing up and telegraphing the guy did with small of the back carry would have been appendix carry. By far the fastest draw from concealment. Especially in seated position. Very accessible

I can agree with an appendix carry being the fastest especially while sitting but it seems most older shooters still prefer IWB leather holsters so I came up with the next best alternative for that scenario and clothing type.

I carry appendix as well and can attest to its advantages.

I can agree with an appendix carry being the fastest especially while sitting but it seems most older shooters still prefer IWB leather holsters so I came up with the next best alternative for that scenario and clothing type.

I carry appendix as well and can attest to its advantages.
In light of that video I'm going to have to re-evaluate my concealed carry method. I'd have been just as dead as the first guy to draw. Scary stuff.

It does seem like it could have a robbery but I find it hard to believe. I just don't see how this could be easier than robbing a store or anything for that matter.

Hopefully the full story comes out and we can understand what the shooter was thinking before his thoughts were scattered on the wall.

Everyone is discussing holster options and fast draw.
At that range I suspect a hands on approach would have been more successful. Of course this would depend on skill and level of fitness.
But close up it’s usually better to try to neutralize the weapon vs getting your own on target.
Then again, it may have had the same result.

It's ridiculous, it's like they aren't even trying to hide it. But thankfully their own comments section put them on blast for it. They forget the majority of their viewers are pro 2A. Or at least the one's who comment online.
I wouldn't allow the birds in my yard to shyte on the Macon paper.

Back
Top Bottom