• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

church with ball$

I have to support them. My first wife and several friends were Catholic. One of my oldest Catholic friends was a cop for over 20 years in Macon. One Sunday morning Hemet another friend at St Joseph's in downtown Macon which is a beautiful church and where we had my first wife's funeral. Anyway he was in uniform because he had to go straight to work from mass. The California girl we were both friends with got kinda sideways because he had have duty belt and pistol on in the church. He told her point blank that his uniform made him a target and there was no way he would be unarmed while wearing it and the Lord would understand.

Not particularly religious either, but this is great to see. I'm sure the lefties in Tampa need their safe spaces because of this....well, maybe they should enter this church, where they would be safe.

Our church talked security at the business meeting yesterday. I think we are finally ready to allow CCW.

We have a lot of unmarked as well as marked officers at ours that do security. I know lots of people carry as well. It's "supposed" to be gun free. I asked a staff member about it, he said they work more off of the don't ask don't tell policy. The staff is very aware there is a lot of people who carry and they don't mind, they just don't want a lot of open carry. They're worried about that scarring some of the people.

We have the same don't ask-don't tell policy at my church. Although there are several people who have "permission" to ccw carry. I suspect that if someone were to open carry they would have to make a written policy one way or the other for legal purposes. I know when we visited a jewish synagogue for a service there were armed guards, metal detectors wands, and a police officer patrolling the grounds/sanctuary.

Back
Top Bottom