• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of South Fulton Outdoor Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunsite has an interesting setup. Rather than run extensive plumbing, they built actual bathrooms on the ranges that are supplied water from and elevated tank, the dirty water goes into separate tank that is serviced much like a porta potty. The bathrooms have skylights in the roofs.

Would love to see this happen! I live in the city of Atlanta (near exit 60 on I-20) and am a member at SRGC. The pistol bays there are great, and there are enough of them that one or more are always available, but you can shoot steel in less than half of them, and no steel is allowed at all on the rifle range, which is mainly set up for 200 yards and requires coordinating with range management to access. I've largely stopped shooting rifles as a result. Membership fees there are $300/year, and it has real bathrooms.

So, certainly a good-enough facility, but could be better.

I teach practical shooting classes, and another venue for doing that would be great.

Good day, all.

So I've been working on building an Outdoor range in the City of South Fulton. The land is AG1 and we've gotten the clearance to proceed. We've already done some courses with some LEO, DEA, and civilians. We have been working on clearing the current 10 acres and plan on buying more. We are going to make it membership only to keep away non-serious shooters that go to ranges because they want something different and fun to do (we all hate those people). What I'd like to know is:

1. What do you think about the idea?
2. Would you be interested in being a member?
3. What do you personally think would be a fair membership fee (monthly or yearly)? (we will be granting discounts for Veterans and LEOs.)
4. What courses would you be interested in? We'll be having courses that focus on topics like low light shooting, pistol & carbine courses, woodland courses, firing from vehicles, etc. We're focusing on practical shooting applications.
5. We're also having companies like Surefire do demos of products, such as suppressors, so members can try them out. Would that be something you'd attend?
6. The range will be open to Instructors and agencies that want to schedule training. If you're an Instructor, what amenities would you like on the range to be able to better train?
1. I like the idea I think the tactical carbine has evolved the way we perform in shooting sports. While I enjoy shooting off the bench at long distance. I think those days are behind us. Learning to fire from different positions in and around barricades is now more valuable than before. Outdoor ranges are lacking this.
2.yes
3.$250/Y? not sure what your cost is to run this type of range. just spitballing.
4.yes to all
5.yes
6. N/a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom