• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

clean powder

LOL rbstern! You need a new powder measure! I use a Dillon with the charging bar and it does great. I tried a small ball type rifle power with my older Redding match grade powder measure and the stuff went every dang where. That elicited a few cuss words. What powder measure are you using now and does it leak AA#2 or other smaller ball type powders?

LOL rbstern! You need a new powder measure! I use a Dillon with the charging bar and it does great. I tried a small ball type rifle power with my older Redding match grade powder measure and the stuff went every dang where. That elicited a few cuss words. What powder measure are you using now and does it leak AA#2 or other smaller ball type powders?

It leaks from the Lee Auto Disk Pro. WC820 (military M1 Carbiine version of AA#9) does the same. If I load a couple hundred rounds, I might get a couple of grains (weight, not individual kernels of powder) of powder on the bench. It cleans up easily. I'd be more concerned if I was using a loading system with some type of automatic primer feeder. Then the leaked powder would be a real problem. It's not an issue with the Lee Classic Turret press. My RCBS Uniflow is a bit better, but I still get a bit of leak with that, too.

The AA#2 does leak a little from my AutoDisk Pro as well...but not as bad as rbstern is describing. I might have half a grain on top of the disk when I remove the powder measure after 200 rounds of loading.

rbstern...you might need a new set of wiper seals on that measure. They do wear out eventually.

I have been impressed with Longshot , very clean and accurate in 10mm, but only been using it for a few months and have not tried it in other calibers. Universal burns clean in light to medium loads in.45acp, 10mm and .44mag.

Back
Top Bottom