• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning a ARC22 suppressor

An ultrasonic tank will not harm aluminum if used correctly. I’ve been running aluminum suppressors and parts through a 170 degree heated ultrasonic tank multiple times a week for over 2 years now.

Damaging an aluminum part with an ultrasonic cleaner is due to the incorrect cleaner being used, not because it was in an ultrasonic tank.

I use Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner, mixed at 1:5 with water.

Regular Simple Green can absolutely damage aluminum and anodized finishes, but the Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner is specifically made to clean aluminum aircraft fuselages.

With the Simple Green Extreme, I’ve cleaned numerous different types of aluminum, Cerakoted items, polymer handgun frames, tritium sights, and more, with no issues. Threw my Citizen titanium watch in the tank and ran it for 30 minutes, without the heat. Cleaned the crud out of the links in the metal band, without harming the bezel or the colored markings on it.

It will strip rattle-can paint jobs. I’ve also had it remove the painted dots from some handgun sights, but not all. Same for red/white painted Fire/Safety markings on handgun frames.

Cleaned a Spike’s receiver with factory color-fill on the markings, and it did no damage.

An ultrasonic tank will not harm aluminum if used correctly. I’ve been running aluminum suppressors and parts through a 170 degree heated ultrasonic tank multiple times a week for over 2 years now.

Damaging an aluminum part with an ultrasonic cleaner is due to the incorrect cleaner being used, not because it was in an ultrasonic tank.

I use Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner, mixed at 1:5 with water.

Regular Simple Green can absolutely damage aluminum and anodized finishes, but the Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner is specifically made to clean aluminum aircraft fuselages.

With the Simple Green Extreme, I’ve cleaned numerous different types of aluminum, Cerakoted items, polymer handgun frames, tritium sights, and more, with no issues. Threw my Citizen titanium watch in the tank and ran it for 30 minutes, without the heat. Cleaned the crud out of the links in the metal band, without harming the bezel or the colored markings on it.

It will strip rattle-can paint jobs. I’ve also had it remove the painted dots from some handgun sights, but not all. Same for red/white painted Fire/Safety markings on handgun frames.

Cleaned a Spike’s receiver with factory color-fill on the markings, and it did no damage.
Bear in mind, there are many grades of aluminum.

Bear in mind, there are many grades of aluminum.

I am quite aware of that. I did mention that I have cleaned numerous different types of aluminum, properly and with no damage, multiple times a week, over a period of more than 2 years. Firearms, firearms parts, firearms accessories, tools, automotive parts, and more.

I’m waiting on someone to chime in that has damaged aluminum when using an ultrasonic tank filled with a mix of water and Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner.

According to the manufacturer, it is also safe to use on painted surfaces, plastic, and rubber.

Where do you get the Simple Green Extreme at?

I’ve bought it from Lowe’s, but I usually order it from Amazon in the 5 gallon jugs.

It’s also sold in 1 gallon jugs.

It costs more than twice as much as the regular Simple Green. The standard stuff is around $56/5 gallons, while the Extreme version is almost $130/5 gallons.

1:5 ratio of water and Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner.

Heated to approximately 170 degrees F.

Run in the ultrasonic tank for 30 mins.

It removed the color fill from the markings, but no damage to the finish or structure.

IMG_1967.jpeg

1:5 ratio of water and Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner.

Heated to approximately 170 degrees F.

Run in the ultrasonic tank for 30 mins.

It removed the color fill from the markings, but no damage to the finish or structure.

View attachment 7088568

Just got some today from Amazon. Going to give it a try after seeing all your posts on this stuff. Thanks for all the good straight forward suggestions and help.

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpeg
    IMG_4241.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom