Cleaning Daniel Defense M4A1 bolt carrier

I have learned to NOT use marine grease on guns- so that i know!

I now use MOTUL motorcycle oil with esters. Unbelievable how it is wet and stays in place. Like a glue but viscous as heck.

Thanks for the replies. It looked dry cause I just finished cleaning it. It probably sounded like a stupid question but I thought it still looked dirty and didn't want to scrub to hard. Sooner or later should I invest in a nickel boron BCG? I've been watching videos online and it seems like that's the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured I'd expound on my earlier answer. I bought a Fail Zero nickel boron BCG. It worked fine I guess, but tarnished quickly so after using it the first time it won't like new any longer. Sure it wiped off a little easier, but in no way did it function better. I'm a mall ninja at heart, but the phosphate BCGs just work. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Thanks for the replies. It looked dry cause I just finished cleaning it. It probably sounded like a stupid question but I thought it still looked dirty and didn't want to scrub to hard. Sooner or later should I invest in a nickel boron BCG? I've been watching videos online and it seems like that's the way to go.

No such thing as a stupid question concerning ARs with your first! I ask questions just as you, there were some smart remarks, but people here generally want to help!

As for the nbx bcg, it will run cleaner, and not require much lubrication. But make sure you buy a quality one, there are crappy one's out there just like regular bcgs. Great choice on your first rifle. I have a DD and it's my go to AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom