• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Clymer manuals etc....

Tradebit? They don't have it. I can't find one online anywhere. As nice as that would be, I'll buy one if I have to but would rather get the one for "dummies" the first time. It needs a shock replacement (or possibly just heavier spring given the price of those shocks :suspicious:) so it's not like I won't have a need for it again.

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/274350747-crf80f-crf100f-service-manual-repair-2004-2013

Here's another:

http://www.saveonrepairs.com/honda-...-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-instant-download/

... for the painfully non mechanically inclined, which is better, Cylmer, Haynes, something else?

Got a new carb for my son's bike and for the life of me I can't even figure out to get the blasted throttle cable off. :tsk:
It's new enough where you most def can find a manual for it somewhere, and / or a blog about it (not ODT).

Haynes is standard and helpful but they are known to leave out tideous process' and complicated steps.

I have owned several dirt bikes , even some from the late 80's, and there was always a reference for those things somewhere... Might have to buy a $20 book online that will tell you everything.

Unscrew this round thing at the top of the carb, the slide, return spring and needle will come out as one assembly. There's a retainer on the needle that holds everything together if you need to replace the cable.

uYenbPyKOMwKqdFF8iJM0N2nUoOYQJIJ9IxCAQfEezIt0c9b_2n2bkXkyR-5iecPHz_6t2JoLIeJQtY3PZW44eMI7aqMF8sJJMO_DKzum1emVGrlZfr7obReAiJNUBiVF_gyiRX9TZchdIOtLq1HDJGRCNVsBMJbJIe6bkM3PmsuZpKWpJE8646ODCWtsbDrPARVdW9GvJZFoJFjXRds7NUArO3cLbaKlL9ZHaekgcun5rEoSWFN0Tpjk1ZUjzJWKbZOt-lc2Kpd75TSn8Z-wSOLShJtePM_jqJzSGkdcL_EwD_Jd2jSqsvMQ3kbZec18IEQwfoQKqOqhLC0WOs6huye3viVNEyfb65mrmNQHnVroyJnVBnl18FMmYWkPr66SoIjmHXnSg59jbmtXEn2XgbOM8YA_GAlK__CKP2IpQ8tSLus7yumwc3Omez8m8darZXeJCB7gDngvFpxFaCFCdc0VV4K1SyKqZNWiDF-jl94DFwVCNQsIKFxbl-wlMQ-PwwCxWZlqwNKOl7iTxrnDvyGhRh5DPrBd-Hvfg_jaj43C9MgvINTVOiaDfxUa7PH7KUfs9BDh4TLz2aq4Puo5caeu8EcA-0=w332-h338-no

Unscrew this round thing at the top of the carb, the slide, return spring and needle will come out as one assembly. There's a retainer on the needle that holds everything together if you need to replace the cable.

uYenbPyKOMwKqdFF8iJM0N2nUoOYQJIJ9IxCAQfEezIt0c9b_2n2bkXkyR-5iecPHz_6t2JoLIeJQtY3PZW44eMI7aqMF8sJJMO_DKzum1emVGrlZfr7obReAiJNUBiVF_gyiRX9TZchdIOtLq1HDJGRCNVsBMJbJIe6bkM3PmsuZpKWpJE8646ODCWtsbDrPARVdW9GvJZFoJFjXRds7NUArO3cLbaKlL9ZHaekgcun5rEoSWFN0Tpjk1ZUjzJWKbZOt-lc2Kpd75TSn8Z-wSOLShJtePM_jqJzSGkdcL_EwD_Jd2jSqsvMQ3kbZec18IEQwfoQKqOqhLC0WOs6huye3viVNEyfb65mrmNQHnVroyJnVBnl18FMmYWkPr66SoIjmHXnSg59jbmtXEn2XgbOM8YA_GAlK__CKP2IpQ8tSLus7yumwc3Omez8m8darZXeJCB7gDngvFpxFaCFCdc0VV4K1SyKqZNWiDF-jl94DFwVCNQsIKFxbl-wlMQ-PwwCxWZlqwNKOl7iTxrnDvyGhRh5DPrBd-Hvfg_jaj43C9MgvINTVOiaDfxUa7PH7KUfs9BDh4TLz2aq4Puo5caeu8EcA-0=w332-h338-no
No that I got. ;). It's the OTHER end of the cable that is the issue.

... for the painfully non mechanically inclined, which is better, Cylmer, Haynes, something else?

Got a new carb for my son's bike and for the life of me I can't even figure out to get the blasted throttle cable off. :tsk:
roll the throttle forward hold it with your finger and push it off the shoe by pulling the cable forward and to the side..

Hey, thanks for narrowing it down some. It always helps when you know which end of the horse you're supposed to be working on.:doh:

Unless this bike was really abused as in sunk in a pond or river I'd doubt the cable/housing needs to be replaced, those cables and housings are sealed pretty damn good. The twist part is probably the problem, one smack into a tree or other hard stationary object can crush the plastic twist part of the throttle and make it sticky.

Either way, I don't have that particular model so to rule out specific parts this gets generic, on some models you can change the cables and housings separately as needed, on some it's a complete cable/housing assembly. If you think the cable is sticking in the housing and you want to get your son riding I'd try some creeping lube like kroil first, squirt it in the top(handlebar end) and work the cable until it moves freely. If that doesn't help go ahead and replace the housing, cable and twist part of the handlebar assembly. On a bike of unknown usage it's better to replace all at one time and it's less than 40 bucks for crf100's.

In the throttle assembly itself, that's the thing on the handlebar that kinda looks like a turbo or snail with a 90 degree where the barrel adjuster screws in, there's just a stud on the cable that rest in a slot on the twist part of the assembly. The turbo/snail part of the throttle assembly will be two pieces, remove the bolts/screws to expose the stud at the end of the cable.

The end of the cable attached to the throttle will look like the pic below, if you can replace the cable alone just pull it out and thread a new one in but again, on a used bike I'd replace everything just to avoid having to tear it down again if something else stops working.;

3GNx7CgqGxLLtiA4LicZRzsgE28HtI4803XqYx5-3eRL1_l6isifTNL9y-qbqh1WFYfDLhKo96X8ZekFLWnteSBxud1wBfQQ6uNM9W2804McsoDK5WYm25zyfrP5TVKy19gPkuh0zQUifaoJLwt8rdKsYSzI2B4g7X-Z7zn1l7E-EVWZ7tRh5zID9k2WUOUiBZ2Uw3BKzJcMobztbT4ny1RtYQ7J2bGVAglCnmtF3VsCrtKMrPYqWRzEulbqaFSAE4__thO9dnzZwYaG6hqNjzpbE70WUW78nr1TlJRpqzU_bXnGngidJKusszFEXOKmJodZO2EbfxYIKcSRTw5LqM_wVw1MVS69qPl1azdUf3rS-fZUTHLht8vePf5WIBgtKks47tihqXaCZiqzX_1FftN4vHObSNK5DMkRKkTalWoTsMzfba2wbdsZG144xn3W7Tk7nsoLs2AzLcUiAwlIaG26Z873F_crbMRi6zbZ3j3BxiS3vCSno-NwYEDG79tkImGMBD8GBhgE-jrqu-zIT5-D2A2kssKrBFhuPfp0n9f0MRMqgpAFxJ2Y-N2Tk-pM466Yjb3kpPRrSaZWqoVlpLAopW9MbWQ=w532-h944-no

Back
Top Bottom