• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CMMG Banshee or Built AR9

A few people on here have the Banshee myself included.

The only problem I have seen or heard of is the occasional ejector/extractor failure.

Now..there have been a rash bad ejector/extractor problems from several manufacturers.

My theory is some one is supplying an out of spec part be it an ejector to long, weak or to strong spring or an extractor claw to long.
I have only put five hundred rounds through my Banshee and no problems.
Less recoil and smoother cycling gun is worth changing a small spring if you need to.

I have a BIL with a Banshee - likes it, but has only had a few rounds through it. From what I have read CMMG make a fine product. Got me interested in pistol caliber AR9 type PDW's and I am impressed with what I have read about most, but especially the Extar EP9.

First thing I like is the $419 price versus what my BIL payed for his Banshee ($1,500). That $1,100 difference pays for a lot of quality extras like sights, suppressor, sling, carry case, extra rails, extra mags etc. Good reviews on the EP9 running nekkid or suppressed. Some have done long term YouTube reviews with 5,000 and 8,000 rounds fired, no cleaning and just occasional lubrication with virtually no problems. No doubt there are some horror stories out there but I have yet to read them.

For a low cost, reliable HD or fun firearm the EP9 seems hard to beat.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation whatsoever with Extar who manufacture the EP9. The comments above are my own personal observations.

That ejector problem is not limited to just that gun. There was another run of crap ejectors a while back. I spoke of one of my 6.8 builds just the other day with a out of spec ejector. It got to point I had run into the problem enough times I bought the ejector removal/ install tool. I keep in my gun tool box because I know I will see it again. That and a set of calipers.

Hey I have the Banshee 10mm topped with the Trijicon SRO. It is a great little package runs perfect, no hiccups, no Mis Cues. So far has run JHPs,FMJs all of various brands just to see if it would and so far haven't found anything it wouldn't eat. I like it when you buy something and it surpasses your expectations and the Banshee does that with ease.

1500 is not a bad price if the product is of exemplary quality and reliability. I consider my builds exceed anything in that price range but that is spending 1200-1400 in parts alone. It doesn't take much to spend that much on a good build and if not careful exceed that number. So if it is a fine rifle then I don't see a problem. You have to remember they buy in bulk and parts would be cheaper. So build time and profit are worked.into that number. Also right now finding parts is damn near impossible to aquire. I can tell you I believe that rifle would be light Years ahead of a 400 dollar.gun. The math just doesn't work out on that one. 400 dollars add up to large quantities of low quality barrels, reciever and so on and so on. Hell the CMMG.lower.kits see 69 and good bolt carrier groups are close to 200. Thats 269, you can see where I am going and we haven't even got into the meet and potatoes yet.

1500 is not a bad price if the product is of exemplary quality and reliability. I consider my builds exceed anything in that price range but that is spending 1200-1400 in parts alone. It doesn't take much to spend that much on a good build and if not careful exceed that number. So if it is a fine rifle then I don't see a problem. You have to remember they buy in bulk and parts would be cheaper. So build time and profit are worked.into that number. Also right now finding parts is damn near impossible to aquire. I can tell you I believe that rifle would be light Years ahead of a 400 dollar.gun. The math just doesn't work out on that one. 400 dollars add up to large quantities of low quality barrels, reciever and so on and so on. Hell the CMMG.lower.kits see 69 and good bolt carrier groups are close to 200. Thats 269, you can see where I am going and we haven't even got into the meet and potatoes yet.

Banshee, radial delay is nice. But you also aren’t far from an mpx at that point and that’s the true ticket. Piston driven pcc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom