CMMG Banshee or Built AR9

If I were to listen to anyone on this forum it would be Burdy or CMshoot.

Just based upon useful information they have posted from putting rounds down range.

Decide your:
Usage Requirements
Budget
Add another $500 to $1000 minimum to the budget for optics, mags, light...trigger if your picky.

If I were to listen to anyone on this forum it would be Burdy or CMshoot.

Just based upon useful information they have posted from putting rounds down range.

Decide your:
Usage Requirements
Budget
Add another $500 to $1000 minimum to the budget for optics, mags, light...trigger if your picky.
Thanks Winterborne Winterborne , heh, I would listen to cmshoot cmshoot over me pretty much any day, especially if it comes down to something that is life or death important. I am just a dude that helps get guys like him what he needs. He's a dude that's actually been there and done that. Worlds apart.

Thanks @batoncolle for clearing up the "value" intention on the CMMG vs MPX. An argument can be made there, I just feel like if price is no object, the MPX is the best PCC out there. I have owned one since the jump, Gen 1, then Gen 2 and its just flawless and smoother than anything else Ive encountered. It runs ridiculously smooth suppressed. I can't yet compare the gas in your face to my CMMG convert SBR, because I don't have a suppressor mount on the CMMG conversion, but I will when the new DA micro mounts ship and then I will be able to compare.

Right now I have 3 PCC's, the MPX, the CMMG conversion and a Windham SBR 9mm, blowback, Glock mags and suppressed. The Windham is the least enjoyable to shoot for sure but has been dead reliable. Having mag compatibility with the world's most popular handgun is a plus as well. They all have their place in my mind.

I have heard quite a few good things about that Extar. Its ugly as sin, but people that I trust are telling me its pretty awesome for the price.

I’ll throw this one out, Extar EP9. I’ve put a few hundred rounds through it, all suppressed and various weights. Not a single issue, even with Korean mags. It’s very lightweight and much softer shooting than the EVO. This one comes with the brace and is $439 shipped from the manufacturer. It also uses AR grips, triggers, bolt catches, and safeties.

The one thing I did have to tweak was the polymer side charging carrier. The molding was a little gritty, but was easily solved with some fine grit sandpaper passes.

View attachment 2556280 View attachment 2556283
I'm working on it :thumb: BUT i reallyReally want one in 10mm. Think you can get in touch with somebody and make it happen?? ;)

Lol, wish I had an inside track to them. I’d want another in 45.
I was gonna get a HighPoint carbine for giggles (and I truly had a good experience with one one night .45 ; I wanted 10mm cause that's what i do haha) But this looks nicer and has the AR parts. :hungry: $400 is amazing for what you get IMHO . that got long LOL but , yea, I like it.

I don't have a banshee. I want one.

For the money though.... and with last round bolt hold open on Glock mags, my FX-9 has been extremely reliable while being absolutely filthy too.
I have used CMMG lower builders kit ( no FCG OR GRIP ,) on many builds and used parts out of kits to fix broken parts on high line shelf guns. I have never had. Problem with thier small parts. If thier builds are any thing like small part reliability then I say Banshee. I pick up gun books Everytime I hit the grocery and I saw and read about it. that Banshee is kick ass. They do produce some wicked looking weapons.

Back
Top Bottom