• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CMP now taking mail orders for Field Grades

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Get your orders in NOW!!!!

$630 is the best deal you will ever find.

They have suspended orders several times this year,

Smart money anticipates a price increase soon and the well drying up.

It is now better financially to mail order as the now charge 10% sales tax if you buy in the store, Of course luck of the draw means you could get one at the lower end of the FG range.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

GRADE: (Fair to Good)

Field Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Fair to good condition. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; may have pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than “3” on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge less than 5 – well within US Army standards. Do not expect rifles in mint condition in this grade.

There were some old dogs in the batch they had out at the store, but may the odds be ever in your favor gentlemen! I've gotten several field grades by mail order that we actually some what nice! some were very close to service grade. (from this year)

There were some old dogs in the batch they had out at the store, but may the odds be ever in your favor gentlemen! I've gotten several field grades by mail order that we actually some what nice! some were very close to service grade. (from this year)

Agree about the recent store ones of the 18 out when I went on 11/4 I would have bought 2 or 3. Like being the tallest midget, mail order is like rolling the dice but the 10% local tax makes store buying less attractive unless you find a real NICE one. I got an SA with a WRA barrel recently and swapped it to a WRA I had. Still looking for another WRA op rod.

Agree about the recent store ones of the 18 out when I went on 11/4 I would have bought 2 or 3. Like being the tallest midget, mail order is like rolling the dice but the 10% local tax makes store buying less attractive unless you find a real NICE one. I got an SA with a WRA barrel recently and swapped it to a WRA I had. Still looking for another WRA op rod.
awesome find! As I always say you never know what you are going to find when you walk into the anniston store. Mike is great too he turned me away from a rifle to point out a rifle I overlooked. I dont even want to think about it right now haha I'm half way through my limit already :(

Picked up a pre-war at the store a couple of weeks ago on the way back from a trip to Memphis.

Shot her on Saturday and she's a keeper!

image (30).jpeg

I will say the stock is pretty beat...ME - 2, TE - 4.

If you want to spend the money, take a day off from work and make the drive. There were some pretty crappy ones on the shelves...

image (33).jpeg

Personally I'd rather spend the extra on gas/vacation day/ and $70 sales tax than suffer from the luck o' the draw...

Picked up a pre-war at the store a couple of weeks ago on the way back from a trip to Memphis.

Shot her on Saturday and she's a keeper!

View attachment 964842

I will say the stock is pretty beat...ME - 2, TE - 4.

If you want to spend the money, take a day off from work and make the drive. There were some pretty crappy ones on the shelves...

View attachment 964845

Personally I'd rather spend the extra on gas/vacation day/ and $70 sales tax than suffer from the luck o' the draw...
That's the first pic I've seen of the new store. Looks great! I'm in for more if you have some!

Back
Top Bottom