• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football Playoffs....Whose in?

Stannicus

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
84   0
Reaction score
Ok guys with the new playoff system my beloved SEC West is forced as always to cannibalize itself. Its possible that we will likely end up with TWO teams from the SEC. I am rolling with my Crimson Tide. I think that Alabama will be able to run the table after the dominating performance. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

images-19.jpeg

The whole playoff system is an attempt to get the Championships out of the SEC. We've dominated for so long. This is the only way teams like Oregon, Baylor, MSU, and ASU state have a shot in the dark to work their way into a title game.

At the present time, and it is subject to change, my top four are, in no particular order:

1. Mississippi State
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. Alabama

However, Notre Dame can still get in, the winner of the Michigan State/Ohio State game can still get in. Heck, if UGA beats Florida and Auburn, they could get in, but I feel they would HAVE to win the SEC title game to get in. It is difficult to make predictions in October, but right now, those are my picks. By the way, I hate this system, but it is what we have.

I personally think they should have started with at least an 8 team bracket with no cap on how many teams can be represented from a particular conference.

This would easily allow 3-4 SEC teams into the mix and them we would watch all hell break loose.

I personally think they should have started with at least an 8 team bracket with no cap on how many teams can be represented from a particular conference.

This would easily allow 3-4 SEC teams into the mix and them we would watch all hell break loose.

The way it is now, we eat ourselves so someone else gets a chance due to wins: and a win vs. maw Lindsay's kindergarden class counts

With only 4 teams - no way 2 teams from the same conference gets in unless there's a total implosion. As it is, at least 1 P5 conference is shut out and if Notre Dame goes 11-1 then perhaps a 2nd conference. Right now I say 3 conference champions and ND if it goes 11-1 and if it doesn't 4 conference champions. The conference left out is a toss up between the Big 10 and Big 12. The P5 conferences are big money and big power and shutting out a conference champion that is 11-1 will be next to impossible in real life.

Those of you claiming a win over A&M or LSU as a quality win need to wake up - neither is that good. I suspect LSU will spoil it for somebody though.

Right now, in no particular order:

FSU (if undefeated)
Alabama (or Miss St)
Oregon
Ohio State (or Notre Dame)

If FSU drops a game, I think the ACC will be shut out and the Big 12 champion replaces them - if they only have 1 loss...

Last edited:
I think you guys are being a little short sighted. There is going to be chaos in the last week of the season as it always is and there will be 1 or even 2 teams that no one is picking that will make it to 4 qualifiers. As much as I hate them Alabama will be one of them. I feel that M. State or O. State could make it depending from the big 10. Notre Dame, they'll slip up somewhere down the road so I don't have too much confidence in them but we'll throw them in. And I think Georgia can make it if they hold their water right the rest of the season. That's a big if. They tend to drop one too that they should have won. Look for TCU or someone like that to sneak their way back in late due to a team losing a conference championship game to another 2 loss team. It's going to be bedlam. But, that's what it's suppose to be in college football. It's great, to be, a MIAMI HURRICANE!!!

Back
Top Bottom