• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

College football rankings

diacnik

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
John 14:6
85   0
Reaction score
I am not an LSU fan, but there is no way Ohio State should be ranked above them in this original playoff poll. No logic at all by the committee except that OSU looked good and beat their JV schedule badly each week.

Definitely surprised Ohio was over LSU. But until Ohio plays Penn it's pretty much void. Unless an upset happens along the way.

Well they have wins over no.13 Wisconsin and no.20 Cincinnati while also having best scoring defense in America. LSU has wins over no.10 Florida and no.11 Auburn. I don’t think Penn State is a top 4 team.

Well they have wins over no.13 Wisconsin and no.20 Cincinnati while also having best scoring defense in America. LSU has wins over no.10 Florida and no.11 Auburn. I don’t think Penn State is a top 4 team.
Really there isn't another option besides Penn if they are only looking at this season and not factoring in Clemson's title last year. They have 2 ranked wins over Iowa and Michigan and have a chance for another with Minnesota this weekend. Clemson just does not have the schedule with the ACC being so weak this year.

Really there isn't another option besides Penn if they are only looking at this season and not factoring in Clemson's title last year. They have 2 ranked wins over Iowa and Michigan and have a chance for another with Minnesota this weekend. Clemson just does not have the schedule with the ACC being so weak this year.

The resume can say one thing but Clemson would boat race em if they played. If I were doing the rankings I’d have em

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Penn State
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Oregon

The resume can say one thing but Clemson would boat race em if they played. If I were doing the rankings I’d have em

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Penn State
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Oregon
Oh no doubt, Clemson will be in the playoff. Most likely will be Ohio, Clemson, LSU, Bama. If Oregon wins the PAC they will probably bring them in over a one loss SEC team soley for ratings and hype. Which would hopefully lead to an 8 team playoff.

Let's see...the last and only time Ohio State sneaked in the college playoffs what happened?
Hint - 2016/2017 vs Clemson.

2017 Sneaked....yes. They shouldn’t have been in, that year. You should have to win your conference to be in the playoffs

2014....they whipped everyone’s rear with a 3rd string QB.

Back
Top Bottom