• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College football season 2018 - general smack talk....

Hahaha. We shall see buddy.

Florida has had a much better team historically than Georgia at least since Steve Spurrier took over. It probably has a lot to do with more high school kids who are super talented in Florida compared to Georgia. Whatever lull the Gators have been in is temporary and they'll be back to challenging UGA in the near future. Then they'll be flat out better than UGA again, as is the norm. Bulldogs look real good right now but please just enjoy it while it lasts. Florida is just a better program.

Florida has had a much better team historically than Georgia at least since Steve Spurrier took over. It probably has a lot to do with more high school kids who are super talented in Florida compared to Georgia. Whatever lull the Gators have been in is temporary and they'll be back to challenging UGA in the near future. Then they'll be flat out better than UGA again, as is the norm. Bulldogs look real good right now but please just enjoy it while it lasts. Florida is just a better program.

I like this guy

I agree that the marsh lizards are/will be on the rise, but I will have to disagree about them getting to be "flat out better". The state of Florida definitely has athletes and the gap in quantity of elite ones was definitely greater in the 90s. It's not that way anymore with Georgia's population growth. Just look at all the players that get recruited from other states every year. The difference is going to be coaching as Vince said years ago.

I still get a chuckle when a comment like Florida being a historical great program and it has to include a note about "since Spurrier". Before that....not at all, not exactly historical, since then yes.

I agree that the marsh lizards are/will be on the rise, but I will have to disagree about them getting to be "flat out better". The state of Florida definitely has athletes and the gap in quantity of elite ones was definitely greater in the 90s. It's not that way anymore with Georgia's population growth. Just look at all the players that get recruited from other states every year. The difference is going to be coaching as Vince said years ago.

I still get a chuckle when a comment like Florida being a historical great program and it has to include a note about "since Spurrier". Before that....not at all, not exactly historical, since then yes.
Florida recruiting has to deal with UF, FL State, U Miami, and now UCF, USF, etc....
UGA has to deal with ... Tech. Sort of.
You're right, it's about coaching.... which in turn, makes recruits want to go there.

Population of Florida is still double that of Georgia. I didn't watch a whole lot of football pre-Spurrier so I don't have much context prior to him, hence my reference to his start at UF. If you were watching football from the 1970s, you're going to have a much longer view than me.

Population of Florida is still double that of Georgia. I didn't watch a whole lot of football pre-Spurrier so I don't have much context prior to him, hence my reference to his start at UF. If you were watching football from the 1970s, you're going to have a much longer view than me.

There wasn't anything to see pre Spurrier, I think 1991 was their first SEC title ever. Georgia tech had more SEC championships than them for quite a while, even after been long gone from the conference. I'm not knocking their more recent success, but historical program and Florida are just about mutually exclusive. Older gator fans don't have to be in asssisted living to be aware of this.

As stated above, there is a whole lot of schools they have to contend with within the state. And they absolutely go into Georgia to recruit. They do have a great program, but to think it's any better or will outspend UGA would require some mighty thick orange and blue glasses, or maybe just some really thick anti red and black ones.

Yeah h yes cuz the state of Alabama produces so many great recruits right.

Yeah h yes cuz the state of Alabama produces so many great recruits right.

That's a good point, assuming you're being sarcastic. Auburn and Alabama are both normally better than Georgia but the state of Alabama doesn't produce as many blue chip athletes. It's a head scratcher.

That's a good point, assuming you're being sarcastic. Auburn and Alabama are both normally better than Georgia but the state of Alabama doesn't produce as many blue chip athletes. It's a head scratcher.
Yes I was just messing round. From what I’ve seen 2 things greatly effect the success of College programs. 1-coaching. A great coach trumps all. 2 be in a state that is talent rich and have no in state competition for those recruits. That’s why LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan have had some much success for so long a time. I’m takin success that goes from one coach to the next.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom