College sucks...

I would've given a standing ovation.

Get out of the liberal arts classes and come over to the Marietta campus. The students are marginally less retarded in the engineering building. :)
History class.

I actually enjoy these types of classes. In the end, I'm not there to change someone's mind, but rather get that piece of paper. Maybe learn something, maybe not. It's irrelevant. But it's mostly for my own sucess. A door to more opportunities. I'm in my 30's, and have 10-15 years on these students, so my mind is already shaped to my liking. But, it's sad to see the things these kids say or think. And I'm part of a business leaning school. Not liberal by any stretch of the means.

The only history most college-aged kids know is pre and post Twitter. How ever did we have our finger on the pulse of America before Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube comments?

What was the class's reaction?
I heard one girl yell out "That's so offensive to me" to which I replied "Well, good thing is, in this country you don't have a right NOT to be offended" to which some students laughed. I think they're were trying to figure out what just happened. Besides that...not much.

When you're surrounded by idiots.

One gay white kid last night gave a presentation on how today's America is the most racist it's ever been towards blacks and minorities. Ever.

He got an applause at the end.

When it was my turn, I basically started my presentation with disagreeing with his whole premise.

I asked the class how many of them are forced to work in the cotton fields. How many of their family members have been been lynched recently. How many are forced to sit in a seperate dining area. I asked the gay kid if he is or is not allowed to marry his partner now. I asked who our current President is. I asked if we had a television channel specifically dedicated to one race, who every year give awards based on skin color. I asked to look in the newspapers, local news, or google for an epidemic of white on black crimes. I finally asked, that if this is the most racist United States than ever before, why the make up of this class only had 5 Caucasians.

Mic drop.
RAVE ON BRO'

When you're surrounded by idiots.

One gay white kid last night gave a presentation on how today's America is the most racist it's ever been towards blacks and minorities. Ever.

He got an applause at the end.

When it was my turn, I basically started my presentation with disagreeing with his whole premise.

I asked the class how many of them are forced to work in the cotton fields. How many of their family members have been been lynched recently. How many are forced to sit in a seperate dining area. I asked the gay kid if he is or is not allowed to marry his partner now. I asked who our current President is. I asked if we had a television channel specifically dedicated to one race, who every year give awards based on skin color. I asked to look in the newspapers, local news, or google for an epidemic of white on black crimes. I finally asked, that if this is the most racist United States than ever before, why the make up of this class only had 5 Caucasians.

Mic drop.
Your my new hero.

Back
Top Bottom