Color Fill?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone tried "color fill" with an AR lower?

I thought it might be fun to try, but I have seen various techniques/paints.... Anyone given it a shot?

I've removed color fill from a few guns. Nail polish is a bit more persistent than paint markers. Paint marker comes off with Hoppe's. Nail polish needs acetone.

Thanks-

My pal actually is the one who wants to do it. I am not particularly a fan, but I figured some of y'all would know how...

-Thanks

Color fill,
1- Ensure you have a clean surface.
2- Take a Elmer's Paint Marker found in Hobby Lobby, Walmart or other craft stores and apply over the are you are wanting to fill.
3- let it dry for about 20 minutes
4- Take a rag with HOPPS on it and lightly go over the surface are ta take the paint off the gun but not to remove it from the fill area.
5- Once happy with your application, let it completely dry....
THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!!

Send me an email to cmr287@yahoo.com and Ill shoot you a pic, its not letting me upload it here as well. When you send the Email send me a PM so I know to check it, I don't look in my mail often.

I did my old one with nail polish and I wouldnt do that again. Kit gives a green haze around the spots when you cleaning it off. I guess the acetone cuts the powder coat or whatever that stuff is on the lowers.

Now stainless I like using nail polish. But its easy to clean off stainless.

Back
Top Bottom