• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt 1911 final assembly

I had to do a lot of filing and stone work to get my Wilson Combat parts in my long slide 10mm. It took hours and hours of filing and fitting and filing and fitting. After that I had to go back and put the ceramic stones to it. They are not drop in parts by no means. I won't be doing another one of those for while. To put it bluntly it was a bi**h.

I built a 1911 in the early 80s using NIW GI surplus parts on an Essex frame. Talk about fitting parts! But when done, it was slick, and the slide was soo smooth you would think it was on linear bearings. Trigger just the way I wanted as well.

I learned I could buy a new Colt for less money.

And as to the idiot mark, genuine Colt slide stops are cut different than any other I have seen. Easy to pop in without a struggle. Of course, you can still do the idiot mark maneuver and scratch it if that is your thing.

And as to the idiot mark, genuine Colt slide stops are cut different than any other I have seen. Easy to pop in without a struggle. Of course, you can still do the idiot mark maneuver and scratch it if that is your thing.
What are you referring to the slide stop? Just buy a Wilson Combat one they are beveled to snap right down.

I built a 1911 in the early 80s using NIW GI surplus parts on an Essex frame. Talk about fitting parts! But when done, it was slick, and the slide was soo smooth you would think it was on linear bearings. Trigger just the way I wanted as well.

I learned I could buy a new Colt for less money.
Yeah I priced out the the parts to make my own. They want crazy money for just and rough cut frame and slide. Hell you can buy a great handgun for just those two pieces. It's nuts!

Back
Top Bottom