• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Expanse upper $225 free shipping

I think they are outsourcing these, much like the Colt Competition line.

This^^^^^

The first run of Expanse models had what many industry experts note as legitimate Colt 6920 lower receivers, but the uppers were hit or miss. Some dealers received Colt marked M4's while the later guns are believed to be Anderson Manufacturing uppers without T marks and a variety of forging marks, and one specific, unknown to me forging mark. Again, they vary(ied) and I am with 99% certainty, you are not getting any real "Colt" parts with these. Even the BCG's are not stamped with a "C", just marked for MPI like a PSA bolt. The gas key staking does not resemble Colt's either. Comparisons have been done on the CH handles as well, and the finish is not the same as Colt's known factory guns.

ETA: The FSB's do not match Colt's production parts either. Not that it's defective, just not a Colt part.

I would pass...these may be fine if you need an upper to complete a rifle, as I don't think they are necessarily "horrible", but don't be fooled by that licensed name.

ETA: Real Colt OEM series rifles have started to dip into the mid-high $600's through a couple of recent sales. I would go that route and sell the receiver you don't need and you would have real Colt rifle parts for nearly the same as this upper.

This^^^^^

The first run of Expanse models had what many industry experts note as legitimate Colt 6920 lower receivers, but the uppers were hit or miss. Some dealers received Colt marked M4's while the later guns are believed to be Anderson Manufacturing uppers without T marks and a variety of forging marks, and one specific, unknown to me forging mark. Again, they vary(ied) and I am with 99% certainty, you are not getting any real "Colt" parts with these. Even the BCG's are not stamped with a "C", just marked for MPI like a PSA bolt. The gas key staking does not resemble Colt's either. Comparisons have been done on the CH handles as well, and the finish is not the same as Colt's known factory guns.

I would pass...

Good info. I was not aware...

Back
Top Bottom