• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Colt SP1 - mine just blew up.

My friend was firing my Colt next to me when I heard a boom. No injuries. You can see the upper receiver is split. I can't separate the upper from the lower and the charging handle needs the Jaws of Life to get it moving.

I dont see additional damage but that wont be confirmed until I bring it to the gunsmith.

I am anxious to see the diagnosis and options for repair.

Thoughts?

Ps. After reading thru the replies I'm guessing a 300blk was mixed in. I have a 300blk SBR. I can't investigate due to the gun being locked up due to the broken upper receiver. Ugh

Is this typically fixable?

Fixable???
Gun is trashed. Upper is deff trash, lower might have bulged and possibly have hairline cracks. Carrier probably is trashed so is bolt. Only good parts left on it are the furniture and maybe the barrel??

Fixable???
Gun is trashed. Upper is deff trash, lower might have bulged and possibly have hairline cracks. Carrier probably is trashed so is bolt. Only good parts left on it are the furniture and maybe the barrel??
Totally agree. Basically a complete loss. Maybe the barrel and furniture. Could just be a failure in the casting.

Totally agree. Basically a complete loss. Maybe the barrel and furniture. Could just be a failure in the casting.
Its a big MAYBE in the barrel. There could be hairline fractures/ cracks as well in it. You never really know, one thing for sure I wouldn't want to put another round thru that barrel, even if its on a completely different AR. Never know if barrel blows as well, but again you never know.

Its a big MAYBE in the barrel. There could be hairline fractures/ cracks as well in it. You never really know, one thing for sure I wouldn't want to put another round thru that barrel, even if its on a completely different AR. Never know if barrel blows as well, but again you never know.
Word

Back
Top Bottom