• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt SP1 - mine just blew up.

See if you can see the bulllet still inside the barrel. I’m betting 300bo and that the whole gun is toast.

.,,I didn't realize this could happen with 300BO. (For some reason I thought the larger diameter bullet wouldn't have allowed it to chamber, but obviously that's not the case. )

The issue is that the .30 bullet can be pushed back into the case, if there's anything less than a full gunpowder charge that has filled all the volume of the brass case. If the crimp is overpowered and the bullet gets pushed back, while it doesn't go "into the bore" it will fully block the bore.

Then the only thing that would stop the gun from blowing up if you pulled the trigger would be if the case still didn't fully seat into the chamber and the gun's design won't allow it to be fired that out of battery without the bolt being locked in place.

Reason #432 to not have 300 BLK if you have 5.56 ARs. I keep thinking about building a blackout gun, but it also seems like the best way to kill an AR I've seen to date. That round should be called the 300 "Bloomberg".

Back
Top Bottom