• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt stops long gun production. (merged threads)

The day Colt announced they were ceasing civilian AR production, they won a $42 million contract to provide M4’s and M4A1’s to 12 of our allies.

They won a $33.8 million contract with the US Army late last year.

On top of these, they have an untold number of worldwide military contracts.

The day Colt announced they were ceasing civilian AR production, they won a $42 million contract to provide M4’s and M4A1’s to 12 of our allies.

Not bad for supposedly old, dated and obsolete rifles. :thumb:

The thing everyone is overlooking is Colt has ceased production of civilian rifles 30 times over the last 15 years. They do so every time they get a huge contract. They can only produce about 700 rifles per day so military contracts always cause a halt of civilian production.

The only reason this one caught everyone's attention is a TTAG article which blew it out of proportion and an antigun media who wanted to report it as a win. Colt will be back in the civilian market as soon as those contracts are filled.

Speaking of which, I should probably sell my 6920 now while the getting is good.

The thing everyone is overlooking is Colt has ceased production of civilian rifles 30 times over the last 15 years. They do so every time they get a huge contract. They can only produce about 700 rifles per day so military contracts always cause a halt of civilian production.

The only reason this one caught everyone's attention is a TTAG article which blew it out of proportion and an antigun media who wanted to report it as a win. Colt will be back in the civilian market as soon as those contracts are filled.

Speaking of which, I should probably sell my 6920 now while the getting is good.

exactly, everyone acting like they are gone forever from the civilian market. the real question im wondering is if they will even eat through all of their stock they already have before they start back up. we may never see an actual drop in the market depending on how long it takes to fill the contract and how long back stock lasts

exactly, everyone acting like they are gone forever from the civilian market. the real question im wondering is if they will even eat through all of their stock they already have before they start back up. we may never see an actual drop in the market depending on how long it takes to fill the contract and how long back stock lasts

My understanding is the backstock was gone within 48 hours of the TTAG article.

Back
Top Bottom