• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt stops long gun production. (merged threads)

This reminds me of "New Coke" "Classic Coke".
I don't own a Colt but do regret not buying one of the OEM models when they were selling for under 650.
But then, I also regret not buying an AMD65 back in 2011 because I thought $325 was too high.

He's not picking up what I'm putting down. I own 7 Colt AR-15s, and that tain't 'nuff!!!!
I’m a little slow due to over imbibe-ation. I wish I had 7 Colt ARs. They are no- nonsense ARs with incredible history, whereas most other ARs have no history other than trying to match up with Colt. A few, like LMT, have a little history of their own. I guess FN and HK ARs are building a little history with the special forces.

I have only two Colt ARs, but each has the performance and value enhancing rollmark which everybody seems so jealous over. Why don’t they just paint “restricted” on the side of their Palm Tree Armory crap?

And I was joking about the rattle. My Colt ARs are tight and my reissue Gold Cup most definitely does not rattle. But I did grow up with some Colt 1911s that had a little rattle.

I wish all 1911 fans could handle one of these, but Colt’s marketing doesn’t get them to the LGS much. They are a work of art. I changed the sights to fiber because my old eyes don’t work so well anymore.
SxCWoJG.jpg

The same day Colt announced they were ceasing civilian sales, they got a $42 billion contract to manufacture military M4’s for Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Palau, St. Vincent and Grenadines and Tunisia.

They’re doing aight.

https://thedefensepost.com/2019/09/20/colt-contract-m4-m4a1-13-countries/

The same day Colt announced they were ceasing civilian sales, they got a $42 billion contract to manufacture military M4’s for Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Palau, St. Vincent and Grenadines and Tunisia.

They’re doing aight.

https://thedefensepost.com/2019/09/20/colt-contract-m4-m4a1-13-countries/
As stated earlier in the thread when this was originally posted... no one else bid on the contract.
For good reason I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom